Google Adwords Conversion Tracking Code WHMCS

Cloudverz

Hi, 

I am Running Google Ads campaign To promote My hosting Service.

I Want To Put Conversion Tracking Code On Conversion Page (i.e Thank you Page Or Order Complete page)

As Per My Knowledge, Order Complete page is http://www.websitename.com/WHMCSpath/cart.php?a=complete

Can Any One Help How To put conversion Code Now ??

Also, I Am Promoting Free One Month Trial So There Might Be Chance That User Don't Go to Payment Gateway Page He Is Directly redirected to Complete Order Page.

My payment Method Include - Wallet(After Payment from a wallet I accept The Order manually) & Payment Gateway. In Short, I want to track The User Sign Up Source and Order Source

On 02/01/2019 at 05:07, Cloudverz said:

Can Any One Help How To put conversion Code Now ??

perhaps the post below will help...

though i'd probably use a ShoppingCartCheckoutCompletePage action hook instead...you might as well try to add your code directly to the template, and then it if works, try getting the hook to add the code instead.

you might also want to take a look at the Google Analytics Enhanced E-commerce for WHMCS addon module from Marketplace in case that is of assistance too.

I was having the same problem until recently. Google Ads now recommends the conversion code be placed in the head tag, but, that doesn't mesh so well with a global include. However, I am seeing connectivity through the complete.tpl integral method that is referred to above. Hope that helps. Works for me. Thanks!

13 hours ago, rockhost said:

I was having the same problem until recently. Google Ads now recommends the conversion code be placed in the head tag, but, that doesn't mesh so well with a global include.

then you could use one of the output hooks - footer or head.... if I recall correctly, the original whmcs Google Analytics addon used a footer output hook.

• 2 years later...

i am also looking this solution actually..

this sample for our google ads code and need to put inside <head>

<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=AW-xxxxxx"></script>
    <script>
      window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
      function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
      gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'AW-xxxxx');
    </script>

when i put in header.tpl inside <head> tag..

and seems the whmcs structure become messy

any idea?

5 hours ago, hendranata said:

i am also looking this solution actually..

this sample for our google ads code and need to put inside <head>

<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=AW-xxxxxx"></script>
    <script>
      gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'AW-xxxxx');
    </script>

when i put in header.tpl inside <head> tag..

and seems the whmcs structure become messy

any idea?

You will have to correct the smarty errors, cause {} brackets will return errors on tpl. Try to break the gtag() function to new lines or use {literal}{/literal}

22 minutes ago, pRieStaKos said:

You will have to correct the smarty errors, cause {} brackets will return errors on tpl. Try to break the gtag() function to new lines or use {literal}{/literal}

thanks your solution..

however do u know how do we put together google ads + google analytics ? best practice please.. 

{literal}

<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-xxxx-1"></script>
<script>
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'UA-xxxx-1');
  gtag('config', 'AW-yyyy');
</script>

{/literal}

is it like that?

Edited by hendranata

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...