Best SSL provision/resell addon module currently available for WHMCS?

startover909

I'm looking for a WHMCS addon module that's fully integrated and does auto SSL certificate provisioning/syncing/client area management etc. I did some Google searches and lots of info were 2+ years old. I'm on the latest WHMCS 7.6.1. Starting a thread here to gather the latest info/reviews. So far my list of consideration is:

1. The SSL Store - WHMCS module is free with reseller account. The module seems feature rich but at the same time a bit complicated. The SSL Store's prices are mixed, some good but some expensive. Cannot find many reviews on the reliability of the module. A couple of bad reviews on WHMCS market place citing bugs (which is a red flag to me).

2. GoGetSSL - WHMCS module is free with reseller account. Appears to be open source. GoGetSSL's prices seem pretty good overall. But no reviews on the quality and reliability of the WHMCS module itself.

3. ResellerClub - WHMCS module sold by resellerclub-mods.com for $22. ResellerClub has limited choices on SSL certificates and prices are high. But since I currently use ResellerClub for domain names, selling SSL through them would be convenient if everything works. Cannot find many reviews on the module itself.

4. Namecheap - WHMCS module is free with reseller account. The module does not seem to be very actively developed (last update 07/2017). Namecheap's SSL prices are good. Cannot find reviews on the module itself and lack of recent updates is a bit concerning (not sure if it works well with the latest WHMCS)

5. SSL2Buy - Their website mentions a WHMCS module being available but cannot find any info regarding it. SSL2Buy does have very good prices.

What I'm looking for:

Reliable and no critical bugs, fully compatible with WHMCS 7.6.1
Relatively easy to install/configure/maintain
Decent SSL prices and choices

Please share your experience if you currently use any of these WHMCS addon modules for SSL. Thanks!

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Have you tried the built in MarketConnect feature in WHMCS? It allows you to resell SSL certs (along with a few other services) without any third party integrations. The experience is seamless for the customer and with automated provisioning (for existing cPanel/DA accounts in WHMCS), it should fit your needs perfectly. 

https://docs.whmcs.com/MarketConnect

Hope it helps. 

27 minutes ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

Have you tried the built in MarketConnect feature in WHMCS? It allows you to resell SSL certs (along with a few other services) without any third party integrations. The experience is seamless for the customer and with automated provisioning (for existing cPanel/DA accounts in WHMCS), it should fit your needs perfectly. 

https://docs.whmcs.com/MarketConnect

Hope it helps. 

The Symantec/RapidSSL certificates that WHMCS MarketConnect offers are way overpriced by today's standard, even with the reseller pricing. Products like PositiveSSL are much cheaper. On the basic DV single domain, it's like $10 vs $4-7 which isn't a big deal. But for higher-end products like wild card SSL (which I actually do need) the price difference is like $50 vs $95. For EV it's even worse.

If WHMCS offers the Comodo/PositiveSSL lineup with decent pricing instead of the Symantec stuff, then I'm sure no one would have a reason to use other vendors' modules.

Edited by startover909

• 1 year later...