Error 101

mastura

Hello everyone.. Need some explanation here on the error:110.
why do I getting this error.. I am very new to whmcs and i have idea how to figure it out..

Does this error is something to do with the enom domain registerar?

Do I need to sign up and activate enom?

Please help me..

image.thumb.png.b0a59c68867b269376595106f3544134.png

8 hours ago, mastura said:

Need some explanation here on the error:110.
why do I getting this error.. I am very new to whmcs and i have idea how to figure it out..

if you're using standard whois for lookups, I think only authorized resellers of MyNIC can use their whois server - for everyone else, it will time out with an error.

using a lookup provider, such as eNom, might well work if they offer the .my TLDs for sale - if they don't (I don't use eNom, but I know the Logicboxes (resellerclub etc) lookup providers don't offer .my TLD), then they wouldn't be an alternate solution.

I suppose another way would be to write a script that allows WHMCS to query their website whois - https://whois.mynic.my - but then you'd be limited to 500 lookups per day, which with all their TLD options, might in reality be 60 WHMCS searches per day.

On 28/11/2018 at 8:32 PM, brian! said:

if you're using standard whois for lookups, I think only authorized resellers of MyNIC can use their whois server - for everyone else, it will time out with an error.

using a lookup provider, such as eNom, might well work if they offer the .my TLDs for sale - if they don't (I don't use eNom, but I know the Logicboxes (resellerclub etc) lookup providers don't offer .my TLD), then they wouldn't be an alternate solution.

I suppose another way would be to write a script that allows WHMCS to query their website whois - https://whois.mynic.my - but then you'd be limited to 500 lookups per day, which with all their TLD options, might in reality be 60 WHMCS searches per day.

so, should I signup for enom to enable .my tld?
does enom costs money?

12 hours ago, mastura said:

so, should I signup for enom to enable .my tld?

I don't think they do, but you'd need to get them, or possibly WHMCS Support, to confirm it either way.... certainly using WHMCS NameSpinning as a lookup option (which is actually eNom) doesn't work, so I really doubt that eNom would be an option for you.

12 hours ago, mastura said:

does enom costs money?

https://www.whmcs.com/partners/enom/

you could follow the above link to become a sub-reseller of, and with prices determined by, WHMCS - hence why I said WHMCS Support should be able to tell you whether eNom offer .my domains.

Minimum deposit is just $25, which can be thousands of dollars cheaper than trying to obtain a reseller account directly through eNom.

to be honest, i'm not aware whether any of the lookup provider options i WHMCS offer .my domains... but i'm happy to be corrected on that if someone knows different.