"Choose a domain...." doesn't actually show anything

dddougal

This is probably something iv not done correctly. I have the product set to let user use their own domain only, but in the checkout process all i get is a page like this :

image.thumb.png.7bfab366b88187ab733b86ebad5a6de3.png

There is actually no way for the user to carry on in the checkout process, or enter their domain name or anything actually......Has anyone come across this, or know how to fix it?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Please ensure one or more of the "Domain Registration Options" are enabled under Setup > General Settings > Domains tab and it should resolve this. Alternatively if the product doesn't require entering a domain name, disabling "Require Domain" for it under Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services can be used instead.

4 hours ago, WHMCS Lawrence said:

Please ensure one or more of the "Domain Registration Options" are enabled under Setup > General Settings > Domains tab and it should resolve this. Alternatively if the product doesn't require entering a domain name, disabling "Require Domain" for it under Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services can be used instead.

Yes i have it set up like this. It is a hosting package but i want them to use their own domain name and then just type it in so i can use it in the package user name.

11 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Are you using the default Six Theme & Standard_Cart?  Do you get any errors in your Developers Console in Chrome?

I am using a version of the six theme with the headers and footers slightly altered to match my existing wordpress site......iv just looked in chrome and it seems to be hiding the form with css. I dont seem to have any errors....its bizzar

On 20/10/2018 at 00:26, dddougal said:

seems to be a problem with scripts.min.js...a clash with the way whmcs references jquery. Is there an easy fix to this or do i need to try a different system?

I would go back to basics and work out what changes you've made to the header & footer... it's usually better to have clean (unmodified) versions of "Six" and "Standard_cart" available for you to use so that when you see something like this, you can switch to using the clean versions and re-test... if it works with the clean version, then you know it's something to do your custom template... if it doesn't work with clean version, then the problem might lie elsewhere.

it's likely going to be one of those slight alterations that is causing this  - but only you know what changer were made.. it might be multiple clashing jquery calls, but ultimately it could be one of many things.

Hi Brian,

Yes, I think iv worked out the problem....Wordpress doesn't let you use the dollar sign for jquery to prevent clashes with plugins and stuff. whmcs does use the dollar sign in some of its javascript so when i include the wordpress header and it loads all the wordpress stuff it is stopping the javascript within the whmcs six template from working. 

Iv tried a workaround by switching all the dollars for jquery in the whmcs scripts but now I think iv completely broken it ha.

wordpress and whmcs don't seem to be compatible, which is going to cause me major problems going forward.

Il keep tweaking and see if i can get it to work. If not then i'l just cancel my subscription and try something else.

Thanks

Steve

Managed to fix this issue now if anybody is interested.

I switched off the 'noconflict' in wordpress's version of jquery after i called the wordpress header, like this:

image.png.0c886a729fcd258406a9f0997182fa10.png

Seems to have fixed whmcs carts jquery......but now the checkout button doesn't work! Its so buggy this, seems like i'm almost having to almost rewrite everything to work with wordpress.