Pro Rated Billing

Ambarella

Hi Chris,

I have attached 2 screenshots, image 1 is what i get in my WHMCS and on Image 2 there's a detailed description which belongs to another site, and i think they're using WHMCS too. So the bottom line is most clients have no clue what the pro-rated billing is, so they expect to see the monthly price on their invoice but when pro-rated billing is enabled, its usually going to be a higher amount than the actual monthly billing, so the clients will wonder why the amount is higher than the displayed billing amount on the site.

And it should clearly state that the pro-rated billing is for the 1st invoice only, which includes the remaining days of the month + month thereafter, and from the 2nd invoice, it's going to be the actual value etc.  

Regards

Dev

1.jpg

2.jpg

HI @ambarella

Thanks for your reply, sorry in the initial post you mentioned invoice, I didn't realise you where referring to the client area, In the standard checkout it does show pro-rata in small text, you could work to customise this or look for a third party theme that has a bigger text, would you like me to move this to the developer corner so you can get assistance with the code to use?

@Ambarella - if it helps, I explained how to expand the pro-rata output in the thread below...

I wouldn't suggest using the ordersummary.tpl template attached to the post (as it might be out of date now), but you should be able to tweak your current template using the code pasted in there... and expand the output further if required.

ErtVxgw.png