Can I install WHMCS on a separate server from my hosting server?

vincitytaymodaimo

Question

7 answers to this question

It is not only possible, it is wise.
when your hosting clients are on the same server as your billing and support system, it creates a lot of issues when your clients go down...

Additionally, your clients hosted sites are a point of weakness for your server, if someone get in here, you could be in big trouble from a business view.

• WHMCS Customer Service

Hello @vincitytaymodaimo

You can certainly add your WHM/cPanel server from any WHMCS instance you manage.  It does not have to be on the same hosting space.

Once added, you could also import the existing domains into WHMCS via the Import Tool: https://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM_Import

Hi @vincitytaymodaimo,

Yes - to support the answers above, we would recommend WHMCS being on its own server.

We had issues with automation when it occurred locally so operation is the ideal mitigation. 

Have a look at our website and Control Panel - these are on separate hosts in separate countries.

Thanks,

Brad

On 9/13/2018 at 9:00 AM, vincitytaymodaimo said:

Hi,

I guess this might be a dumb question but, I bought a reseller hosting package from Hostgator a while ago where i host all my clients domains and website s. I have bought WHMCS and I wish to install in on a separate server. Will i still be able to integrate it with the CPanel on my other server?

Will get answer this question as i am at the same stage. let me suggest.