Pipe permissions changes after upgrade

For the past few upgrades my piping has failed on me, instead of me receiving notifications of a new support ticket being raised, a delivery failure is sent to my client.

It turns out that at each upgrade, the permissions for pipe are changed from 755. It would seem that this has long been known about, yet continues to happen.

Does anyone have any knowledge as to when this will be fixed?

Thanks
Matt

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2018 at 12:17 PM, web2008 said:

I have the crons directory outside of public_html and the permissions is not changed when I use the automatic updater.

Works for me as well. I guess it must be something to do with the server config for ownership and permissions rather than the individual WHMCS files.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:20 PM, thisismatt said:

For the past few upgrades my piping has failed on me, instead of me receiving notifications of a new support ticket being raised, a delivery failure is sent to my client.

It turns out that at each upgrade, the permissions for pipe are changed from 755. It would seem that this has long been known about, yet continues to happen.

Does anyone have any knowledge as to when this will be fixed?

Thanks
Matt

I would seriously suggest you not to use the auto updater if your server, installation or both are customized in some way. Its just asking for troubles in the long run.

Edited by yggdrasil