how to add a fixed tax?

15 hours ago, Ricardo78 said:

Hi, I need to add a fixed fee for all products if the price is more than € 77. The tax amount is fixed ... how can I do it?

the simplest way to add a fee to single products priced greater than €77 would be to use a setup fee in the product setup... not really a "tax", but then taxes are usually percentages anyway.

if it were a fee to add to orders greater than €77, then you could use a Gateway Fee... there are a number of them available in Marketplace, or I think the free one from GitHub still works.

in both circumstances, you could rename the output to now say setup/gateway fee and call it something else.

however, if this is really a tax that you're applying at a fixed amount, then you might need a custom solution.

59 minutes ago, brian! said:

however, if this is really a tax that you're applying at a fixed amount, then you might need a custom solution.

Yep, I suppose that he can't use any "cheat" in this particular scenario. He needs to add it in the hard way (action hook). It's boring as hell since you also have to make sure that WHMCS doesn't recalculate your fixed tax as % 😤

Hello everyone and thank you very much for your answers. The tax in this case is a tax that must be applied to the bill if it exceeds € 77.47. So at the time the invoice is generated or the order if the amount exceeds this threshold the tax should automatically be added.

I do not know if there is a way to implement this logic or if we need to do development work. What do you suggest?

Hello and thank you again!

On 06/09/2018 at 06:52, Ricardo78 said:

I do not know if there is a way to implement this logic or if we need to do development work. What do you suggest?

to add a fixed amount tax is not a built-in option... using one of the commercial gateway fee options in Marketplace would still be an option - though probably not the free GitHub option as that would apply a fee to all invoices for that gateway, not just those over €77.47... I can see charging as a gateway fee could have all sorts of implications if you were using WHMCS to calculate your tax returns, and that might then require changes being needed in the reports.

if you want to treat it as a tax, one option might be @Kian Billing Extension module, but that might be too big for your needs... I can't think of any other third-party WHMCS tax solutions that would apply to your situation.

ordinarily, i'd have said to post in Service Offers & Requests, but I can see that you've already done that!

and you could reply to that thread yourself and that might trigger some responses from interested developers - but frankly, with this being an Italian tax, and Kian being an Italian developer who knows a great deal about WHMCS and tax, it might be worth sending him a PM about this.

• 1 year later...
On 9/14/2018 at 8:44 PM, Ricardo78 said:

Thank you very much for all the answers !! Now I get in touch with Kian .... ;-)

Ciao!! ;-)

Hello @Ricardo78 Have you found any solution for the problem.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:19 AM, Kian said:

Nah, I removed the fixed tax from Billing Extension together with Level 3 taxes... I was crazy 🤫

Anyway he needed an option for "Marca da Bollo". I'm pretty sure I have an action hook for that in my old HD. I'll share it if I find it.

Hey there @Kian If you have that action hook just to do that please share here. It will be of great help. Thanks in advance.