Recaptcha Invisible not invisible...

We implemented Invisible Recaptcha on the shopping cart checkout, we didn't replace all captcha's with the invisible one. We've built it in a way to make that possible in future work. If you've got places to see it added or thoughts on what is important to see replaced that is helpful feedback as we go forward.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:23 AM, WHMCS Nate said:

We implemented Invisible Recaptcha on the shopping cart checkout, we didn't replace all captcha's with the invisible one. We've built it in a way to make that possible in future work. If you've got places to see it added or thoughts on what is important to see replaced that is helpful feedback as we go forward.

What is the reason not to upgrade all captchas with the invisible one?  Invisible recaptcha  is simply better and more convenient for the user, which is the exact reason you implemented it for the shopping cart, right?

During the 7.5 release cycle we wrote a hook to enable the invisible captcha in the cart checkout in this forum to meet some specific needs customers have. In the 7.6 cycle we decided to bring that hook into the product core and make it configurable for everyone. The scope of work was to take that hook and bring it into the product in a way that opened up future improvements as discussed. Limiting scope creep is a important part of delivering software on a regular basis. I didn't sit in all of the feature planning meetings for 7.6, so I'm not going to get into details of those conversations. I would say that while I can see how you think that is the conversation, its rarely the conversation people actually have. Conversations like: "Why not do all of this as well?" rarely happen, we don't have that kind of time. Typically its much more like: "Should we do this or do that instead?" So when you have work you want to see done, its not enough to show its a good idea - you need to show its a better thing then every other idea that is competing for the same resources.

10 hours ago, xyzulu said:

It's visually better not to see and have to tick the google recaptcha box on the domain search page (home page). I can't think of any downside.

I suspect the reason would be to test the new invisible option on just one feature, iron out any bugs that appear and then extend it to the others at some future date...