Invalid license issue Please help

I have a Owned license, I paid for updates and support so I could update to 7.5 all went well at first, but then I get hit with invalid license error. I went to reissue license here, but site said could not connect to database  for hours, so after much frustration I just simply did a fresh install and still no go. What can I do ?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Dizz,

Earlier today we did experience an interruption in normal service.This caused reduced availability and redundancy of our resources, which prevented some installations from completing a remote licence check as they became due.

Our team responded quickly to restore normal service within a matter of hours. Should you still encounter any licence errors, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket.

My apologies that you were impacted and for the inconvenience caused

Your team didn't respond very fast to be honest. It took hours for them to acknowledge that there was a problem. There has been very limited communication and so far I have been denied an official reason for outage including steps on how you plan to prevent this in the future. Your team is downplaying the problem by using words as 'reduced availability' and 'degradation' for a major problem which I can't really appreciate. Your team also claims that service was restored at 12:30 UTC. We were still experiencing issues at 14:30 UTC. We already had a ticket open about the issue and it took 5 hours to respond with a standard answer.

We're all working in IT so we know that things can go wrong. When it does, you need to solve the issue and communicate. You didn't, and still don't, communicate very well.

My biggest problem is the fact that you were entirely off the grid when the problem occurred and didn't communicate out in the open when the issue was found. The communication of WHMCS has been very, very poor to say the least and the fact that your team denies to give a proper public explanation feels wrong. Sorry, I'm not impressed.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @ju5t,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Understanding the expectations of our customers is important in helping us deliver the service you expect.

For example; I have referenced your ticket and can see we have provided 4 updates throughout the course of the day. That is 4 more responses than we would have been able to provide in that same time-scale half a decade ago. We have worked hard over that time to be able to deliver the level of service our customers told us they wanted, along with the Enterprise and Priority options for those who require it.

We understand that WHMCS is an invaluable tool to our customers and that difficulty accessing your WHMCS Admin area today does not meet your expectations - neither does it meet ours. You can rest assured that we will conduct a full internal investigation with all the relevant parties and look at what lessons can be learned.

If you are still experiencing any licensing issues, please do update the ticket, and we will be pleased to investigate as a priority for you. We are on-hand 24/7.

Hi @WHMCS John, thanks for your reply but from where I'm sitting this is not quality service.

Nobody answered between 7AM UTC and 10AM UTC. This is pretty much our morning gone as we're in the CET timezone. We were unable to raise any tickets as your systems were offline. When we finally could raise a ticket we received a standard reply to acknowledge the problem and the promise that we would be updated once the issue was resolved. This didn't happen. When we asked for an update it took your team 5 hours to respond with a standard text that gets copied and pasted to everyone. The last 2 replies were quick but don't answer my concerns about not wanting to write a public post mortem. 

I appreciate the fact that you believe support has been improved over the last 6 years and although I don't see this myself and my experiences are flakey at best, that's not the point here. I think your communication has been far from great during this major problem. Not wanting to write a public post mortem like other companies do feels to me as if you want to hide the issue under the carpet to avoid bad publicity. I don't see public post mortems that way, I see them as an invaluable tool to talk to your customers, say sorry and explain how you're going to do better in the future. Again, everyone understands that IT breaks, we've all been through it, but you have to communicate and that's not what you did, at least at the level I expect from a company your size.

Sorry for late response but I had a ton of backtracking to do due to this little snafu you guys had, all was good system back up and putting info back in before heading to work. Come back prepared for an all-night run go to login and BAM I get: 
[RENEWAL REQUIRED
You are using an Owned License for which the support & updates validity period expired before this release. Therefore in order to use this version of WHMCS, you first need to renew your support & updates access. You can do this from our client area @ www.whmcs.com/members/clientarea.php

If you feel this message to be an error, please contact us @ www.whmcs.com/support]

I paid for system updates and support so I could update to the latest version, and initially updated via the admin panel now here we are. Payment details:PayPal June 21, 2018 at 1:07:33 AM EDTTransaction ID: ################# (info in my ticket)
Payment Status: COMPLETED. I really need this issue fixed, hell if i'd know I had to go through this I would've kept my money, as for what it was worth I was fine with the version I had but for the sake of security and my clients yada yada yada...

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Dizz,

I was able to look up your account and have reviewed your tickets. I'm sorry to hear about the licence error you encountered after applying the latest software update.

I understand from your latest message that everything is operating normally now, but if you continue to experience any problems, please don't hesitate to update your ticket.

Could you please let me know whether you purchased the Support & Updates renewal before or after applying the 7.5. update?