''AuxBilling contact Details are not vaild"

marwa saad

Alright, I came across the source code of another module, for NameCheap. It looks like there is a section for Registrant, Admin, Tech, and Billing for the whois info. When I modify contact details in WHMCS, the only ones listed are Registrant, Admin, and Tech. So since the Billing contact info is not being sent to the registrar, I think that is causing the error. Also, since part of an array (basically a variable) is not being provided, its not accepting the update.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

We have received a few reports of this error in the past week. Nothing has changed in our code at that time, and I'm not aware of planned changes to eNom's API which could cause this.

I suspect this might be related to some of the changes eNom have been making to their system, so I have reached out to our contact for clarification.

I have found the issue...

When a client tries to update their contact details for a domain (on the WHMCS eNom module) it gives an error:
"AuxBilling contact details are not valid"

When logging into eNom to do it manually it appears there is an additional contact other than admin, support, billing contacts etc... This one is called the Auxiliary Billing Contact. As WHMCS doesn't have the option for the client to fill out the details for this new contact it fails when passing the information over API.

The WHMCS eNom addon module will need to be updated to support the new Auxiliary Billing contact so users can update their contact details.

Thanks.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

I've received confirmation from eNom support they are indeed having issues regarding Aux billing contacts not properly saving, and have asked me to pass on their apologies for the inconvenience.

The eNom engineering team is aware of this impact on customers and have been working towards a resolution.

At this time there have been reports of a workaround:
Manage the domain contact details directly via the eNom website; Set aux billing, admin contact, and registrant to all to "custom" and set each to the same information.

I trust that is useful information. If you have any further questions, please contact eNom support.

You can assist eNom support in your reports by using the Module Debug Log to capture the API communication between WHMCS and eNom: https://docs.whmcs.com/Troubleshooting_Module_Problems

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Daskew78,

WHMCS does not currently update the AuxBilling contact when changing domain whois details, as this contact is optional.

The module has operated in this way since version 3. If eNom do intend to change the behaviour of this field, then we are in touch with the relevant people to advise us of this.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:20 AM, WHMCS John said:

The module has operated in this way since version 3. If eNom do intend to change the behaviour of this field, then we are in touch with the relevant people to advise us of this.

Hello, same issue here. From what I understand, then eNom should make sure that aux/biling contacts become optional again?

This issue is causing a lot of headaches on our side, as automated transfers are being putting us as the registrant, which is being perceived by some customers as hijacking domains. We don't like that and manually editing registrant info is a great undeisred workload.

May you release an update that allow WHMCS customers to send aux/billing details as well to avoid this? Cause if eNom itself is taking that much time to solve it, you should release an updated module to help us, your customers :)

I hope you can consider this seriously and release an update soon as adding those extra fields should be a no brainer for your developers. Don't you agree? I would be please to help adding the fix to the code if it weren't encoded, but it's not available, so it's up to you guys. Help us please.

Very thanks in advance!!

Hey guys, I got some feedback from an eNom representative and after retrying changing ownership of a domain I can confirm IT NOW WORKS AS EXPECTED!!! So, sorry WHMCS' staff for bothering, and thanks to eNom tech staff if they can read this sometime  :)

10 hours ago, MarceloPe said:

...I got some feedback from an eNom representative and after retrying changing ownership of a domain I can confirm IT NOW WORKS AS EXPECTED!!!

Did eNom change something on their end or did they tell you how to get your WHMCS installation working? If they gave you instructions, would you mind sharing here?

On 7/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, gravel said:

Did eNom change something on their end or did they tell you how to get your WHMCS installation working? If they gave you instructions, would you mind sharing here?

Nope, they (eNom) just fixed the issue and the WHMCS integration returned back to normal operation :)