Payfast transactions not recording

This is a pitty no one helped this user.

I am currently having an issue where my WHMCS is not recording the transactions on invoices paid via the gateway i use, even though it used to.

Can anyone direct me to the setting, or config I need to re-enable this again?

1 hour ago, spartanza said:

This is a pitty no one helped this user.

I am currently having an issue where my WHMCS is not recording the transactions on invoices paid via the gateway i use, even though it used to.

@spartanza What gateway are you using?  Are the invoice being marked as paid?

Just now, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@spartanza What gateway are you using?  Are the invoice being marked as paid?

Hi

I am using this gateway - https://www.payfast.co.za/shopping-carts/whmcs/

It is PayFast and used to work 100%.

To answer your other question, no, the invoices are not being marked paid. I checked the gateway log, and there are no recent records.. There are, but up until the end of last month, and now nothing, even though there have been payments made via the gateway

1 hour ago, spartanza said:

if it's a third-party gateway like PayFast, then contact it's developer (which I assume is PayFast themselves) - I suppose it's possible there's been an API change, or some other internal change that might need to be reflected with updated code.

but if you haven't change anything internally (e.g upgrading WHMCS or installing an addon/hook that might be clashing with the gateway), then likely something has changed at their end.

32 minutes ago, brian! said:

if it's a third-party gateway like PayFast, then contact it's developer (which I assume is PayFast themselves) - I suppose it's possible there's been an API change, or some other internal change that might need to be reflected with updated code.

but if you haven't change anything internally (e.g upgrading WHMCS or installing an addon/hook that might be clashing with the gateway), then likely something has changed at their end.

Well, I have changed a few things, namely, switching form php7 to php 7.1

This seems to be an over-used excuse (check with 3rd part dev)... and a frustrating one for users of WHMCS.

I have gotten in touch with the developers in the meantime since this avenue is turning out to be a waste of time.

55 minutes ago, spartanza said:

Well, I have changed a few things, namely, switching form php7 to php 7.1

well there you go - you could switch back to PHP7 and see if it works... perhaps there's something in their code incompatible with PHP7.1 :?:

and you are using a third-party theme, with a third-party orderform template, with a third-party payment gateway - so it's hardly a vanilla WHMCS installation, there are plenty of modifications to your site that WHMCS aren't directly responsible for supporting.

This seems to be an over-used excuse (check with 3rd part dev)... and a frustrating one for users of WHMCS.

why? if you use a third-party addon, the third-party is responsible for it's updates and support. :973_ballot_box_with_check:

- if it breaks, you contact the third-party... WHMCS support can't be responsible for it (it could be an encrypted module for all they know, so how are they supposed to know what it's doing - or not doing?).

ideally, you don't even update WHMCS, or make significant server changes, without first checking with them for compatibility - otherwise, you'll leave yourself in situations like your present one.

I have gotten in touch with the developers in the meantime since this avenue is turning out to be a waste of time.

what do you expect when you reply to multiple threads and not even specify which gateway you're using ? modules won't just stop working for no reason - there will be an internal, or external, cause.

getting PayFast to rule out an issue with their module would be the first step - if they deny there is an issue, then there could be a conflict with another addon, or maybe a generic WHMCS bug...

Thank you for the comprehensive reply.

The issue was the same, and not module specific. More than 2 users on the community experienced a payment gateway module working fine, then not. Same experience, different gateways. 

Anyway, like I said, I will wait for a reply from PayFast.

2 hours ago, spartanza said:

The issue was the same, and not module specific. More than 2 users on the community experienced a payment gateway module working fine, then not. Same experience, different gateways. 

it could still be the same reason though - with WHMCS, it only takes the slightest thing to break it, and while there might be no visible error, something in the background can break and you'll only notice when it stops working.

and certainly with the v7.5 releases, even if the core program is PHP7.1 compatible, there's no reason to assume all addons will be.

3 hours ago, spartanza said:

Anyway, like I said, I will wait for a reply from PayFast.

please remember to update the thread whether that's the cause or not....

• 3 years later...