buy domain and activate dns zone in whm server

Esi

Hi all,

i need of a  functionality that right now whmcs hasn't implemented on his actual core. I would want that a client when buy only a domain ( without no addon product or hosting product ) there's a order in whmcs that create automatically on whm server an hosting product, obv in invoice item need to be only domain price and no other things. Someone have implemented it or can give me suggestions how do it works?

Thank you so much.

Regards for any help.

37 minutes ago, Esi said:

But i'll hope whmcs integrate this functionality in its core because will be normal offering it.

if you need it NOW, you'll likely have to use a third-party... you could be waiting a long time for WHMCS to add a feature!

28 minutes ago, Esi said:

But i'll hope whmcs integrate this funcionality in its core because will be normal offering it.

It can't, because interfacing with an external DNS server is not trivial, and I guess it's a little out of its goals...

But you can do it for free in a number of ways:

Where are you registering your domains?
Whoever is the Registrar, he offers his DNS service for sure... well, you put your own WHM DNS server as slave of the DNS servers of he Registrar. If the DNS service of your registrar is white-label, you can use it... elsewhere, you use it as a "hidden master", and no one will know you're using it.
When you register a domain, your registrar creates the DNS zone on his server, and then your WHM copy the zone from it.

Another way: you create an almost "empty" package in WHM, with only DNS and domain parking (you can manage several thousands of such services on any server without issue). Any "real" hosting service will be managed as an upgrade of this very basic package.

Where are you registering your domains?

Actually i'm not using a registrar for automatic domains registration, so i haven't this kind of problem or this purpose

Another way: you create an almost "empty" package in WHM, with only DNS and domain parking (you can manage several thousands of such services on any server without issue). Any "real" hosting service will be managed as an upgrade of this very basic package.

Sure, but how manage one client who buys only domain through my whmcs is really buying automatically this hosting product without choose it in his cart process? This solution would be great if when domain is bought automatically it would be configured with hosting dns product, so in whm would be created account  hosting according this package.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Esi said:

Sure, but how manage one client who buys only domain through my whmcs is really buying automatically this hosting product without choose it in his cart process?

The easy way: when a customer register a domain, he has the option of this service for free... why not buy it?
And even if he doen't insert it in the order, after the registration he'll be available to buy it (for free)

Less easy way: write a hook, using i.e. PreRegistrarRegisterDomain , which activates that "hosting" order each time a domain is registered...

Hi Remitur,

The easy way: when a customer register a domain, he has the option of this service for free... why not buy it?

in this case i want prevent eventually invoice item to 0.00$. So normally your solution could be great for a workaround of eventually normal condition i think.

Less easy way: write a hook, using i.e. PreRegistrarRegisterDomain , which activates that "hosting" order each time a domain is registered...

I think that is would be great to implement, perhaps did you have some example using this hook ?

Thank you for your suggestions and help.