Retiring and wanted to offer my old addons for all

durangod

Hi everyone, 

Its been a long time since i have been around and mostly due to medical and life issues.  However since i have decided to retire from the professional side of programming and just doing the hobby deal now i wanted to offer up my old WHMCS addons (not encoded) to everyone for free.  I wont be doing any more WHMCS work now that its just a hobby for me so sharing what i have done in the past might help someone in the future, so you may download an use them as you wish.   

You are free to use these addons without restriction from me, all i ask is that somewhere in the header you at least be kind enough to mention my name as the original artist.   I believe that last version i updated these for was WHMCS version 6  and they all worked back then. You may have to do some tweaking for the newer versions of WHMCS. 

I will be posting several zip files here over the next few days as soon as i can get the file headers modified for the new non restrictive purposes, i believe there are a total of 4 addons i will be posting here.   The zip file contains the install txt and all the files you need.  It is exactly the way it was when it was for sale, the only thing i have changed are the files license header to unrestricted.

Thanks for all your help in the past and i wish you all the very best going forward.  

1. This one is called  Client Permblock - The purpose of this addon is to give the local admin a way to locally block unwanted clients.  With WHMCS there are national fraud features that you would typically report fraud clients to as part of WHMCS.   However, if that client should not qualify to be reported to those national companies for some reason then this addon will allow you to keep your own local records.  This addon does not do any remote reporting, its only purpose is to allow you to be more proactive and list current WHMCS clients or add non-client information that you choose not to do business with in the future should they attempt to join your business as a client.  I had big plans for this addon with more features but just never got around to it. 

Enjoy the addon  :)

client_permblock_addon_V1_1_free.zip

2. This is the PHPBB Bridge addon -  This addon allows you to auto register a new WHMCS client to  your phpBB community when they complete the WHMCS registration. 

Enjoy the addon :)

phpbb_bub_addon1_4_free.zip

Edited by durangod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
10 hours ago, netforce said:

Does this work with the latest version of WHMCS?

your biggest problem will be that most of them use mysql_query - so I doubt they would work on any WHMCS version using PHP7... if you're still using PHP5.6, they might.

nice to hear from you again @durangod - I hope you're still enjoying your retirement! 🤠

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II
On 4/24/2019 at 8:47 AM, brian! said:

your biggest problem will be that most of them use mysql_query - so I doubt they would work on any WHMCS version using PHP7... if you're still using PHP5.6, they might.

nice to hear from you again @durangod - I hope you're still enjoying your retirement! 🤠

Anything using mysql_query should still work - our development team included a backwards compatibility layer for such functions to do so. But if anyone decides to rewrite them, it is best to use Capsule and the query manager: https://developers.whmcs.com/advanced/db-interaction/

On 4/24/2019 at 6:17 AM, brian! said:

52 minutes ago, WHMCS Lawrence said:

Anything using mysql_query should still work - our development team included a backwards compatibility layer for such functions to do so. But if anyone decides to rewrite them, it is best to use Capsule and the query manager: https://developers.whmcs.com/advanced/db-interaction/

I was going to say that it would be easy to convert it to PDO prepared statements but the Capsule is great too.  🙂   should be easy to use those examples to convert it to the capsule.

Hi brian!  good to hear from you as well, good to see your still at it.   I did alittle bit of coding after WHMCS but finally decided that even as a hobby i needed to call it quits for health reasons so i have not coded anything for pay in almost a year now.  Part of me still misses it and sometimes ill whip up something just to learn how to do something new but thats about it.    I moved to East Texas and i am loving it so much, its pretty and green and the lake it close enough to toss a rock and hit a fish lol....   But unlike NM, Texas has so many lakes its hard to chose just one, its alot like Texas girls, they are all beautiful its hard to choose just one. lol   This is a very quiet rural community where the police chief dresses like a old west cowboy in the old days 🙂, its a very very small town and thats what i love about it.   I bought some land here, first time land owner 🙂  and its keeping me busy, building a fence and so forth.  I know im retired now but the plan is when i get to actual retirement age all i have for bills is utilities and a small HOA fee every month and the rest is for play time including fishing.  So thats the plan....  so they say..  

Sorry to be so long winded off topic...   hope everyone is doing well and  brian! take it easy man and do that voodoo that you do so well 🙂  

Edited by durangod