Remove Ticket/Support System

Hello, 

I use my own ticket system and having 2 is getting confusing for my clients. Is there a way to disable or remove the ticket/support system in WHMCS? I didn't want to futz with the code if there was an easier way of doing it in the admin area. 

Thanks so much,

Kim

Hi Kim,

7 hours ago, kimtown said:

I use my own ticket system and having 2 is getting confusing for my clients. Is there a way to disable or remove the ticket/support system in WHMCS? I didn't want to futz with the code if there was an easier way of doing it in the admin area.

there's no magic bullet in the admin area to disable the support system.

probably the simplest way would be to either remove links to the WHMCS support system from the navbar/sidebars, or change those links to point towards your own ticketing system.... you can do that either via hooks (simple to do and plenty examples have been posted about removing or changing URLS), or possibly even htaccess to redirect support links to your own system.

I can see you've removed the links from the visitors navbar, but they're still present in the sidebars.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Area_Sidebars_Cheatsheet

for example, the hook below would change the two links in the support sidebar to your custom ticket system....

<?php

use WHMCS\View\Menu\Item as MenuItem;

add_hook('ClientAreaSecondarySidebar', 1, function(MenuItem $secondarySidebar)
{
	if (!is_null($secondarySidebar->getChild('Support'))) {
		$secondarySidebar->getChild('Support')
			->getChild('Support Tickets')
			->setURI('http://kimtown.com/support/');
	}
	if (!is_null($secondarySidebar->getChild('Support'))) {
		$secondarySidebar->getChild('Support')
			->getChild('Open Ticket')
			->setURI('http://kimtown.com/support/open.php');
	}
}); 

then it will just be a case of you working through your WHMCS site, specifically for logged-in clients, and changing any links that are there. :idea:

39 minutes ago, brian! said:

probably the simplest way would be to either remove links to the WHMCS support system from the navbar/sidebars, or change those links to point towards your own ticketing system.... you can do that either via hooks (simple to do and plenty examples have been posted about removing or changing URLS), or possibly even htaccess to redirect support links to your own system.

Simple?
Changing links used to be simple, now it requires coding skills and this clunky "use a hook to change a menu" thing. 
If someone was able to make an addon to edit these, why on Earth didn't WHMCS include one? It's like that claim on "you can't automatically keep the sidebar closed in the admin area", and truth is, you can, and simply (now that someone who codes well created it). 

Frustrating. Hooks are a good idea since it allows customizing the system, but not for something as basic as menu changes. 

8 minutes ago, bear said:

Simple?

relatively in the grand scheme of things... and specifically in terms of changing URLs, there's an example on the linked docs page above, or the sample hook I posted, that can be just copy & pasted.... i'm classing c&p as simple! :idea:

11 minutes ago, bear said:

Changing links used to be simple, now it requires coding skills and this clunky "use a hook to change a menu" thing.

If someone was able to make an addon to edit these, why on Earth didn't WHMCS include one?

it was an insane decision to introduce it in v6 without a built-in menu manager - like you say, if others can do it, why couldn't they.... on top of which, they launched it with sketchy, incomplete documentation that contained errors in the sample code.... nor did they post the code that creates the default navbar/sidebars... if we'd been able to see that, then at least we would have had more of a clue.

but i've said it before - someone at an early meeting, when it was first suggested to use a menu system that can only be changed by hooks, should have at least wondered if it was a good idea? not every WHMCS user is a coder, and users shouldn't have been expected to learn to themselves - or even worse, pay a developer whenever they want to change a menu!!! if nobody had that thought, or they did but decided it was a good idea, then there's WHMCS thinking for you in a nutshell.

19 minutes ago, bear said:

It's like that claim on "you can't automatically keep the sidebar closed in the admin area", and truth is, you can, and simply (now that someone who codes well created it). 

:)

22 minutes ago, bear said:

Frustrating. Hooks are a good idea since it allows customizing the system, but not for something as basic as menu changes.

I couldn't agree more.... dread to think what will happen in v8... would be ironic if they decided to add a menu manager after 3+ years of waiting! 9_9