admin.php encoded

Boss

I updated to version 3.4.1 a few days ago. This morning I realised my Admin menu was all wrong.

As turns out the reason is because I had customised all the menu for admin, as the standard layout made little to no sense it terms of organisation.

Anyway now the menu.php file is encoded.

So I have fixed it for the moment by adding my old menu.php file and so far this does not seem to affect anything, in terms of any updates done.

Bear - Are you running menu.php from 3.4 or 3.4.1?

Because menu.php was UNENCODED in 3.4

To upgrade to 3.4.1, menu.php WAS NOT replaced. Therefore, you probably have menu.php from 3.4 and not 3.4.1.

Trust me - In the 3.4.1 full download, menu.php is encoded. Case closed.

If someone is using the full package, then why would they care about an old package? If you want the unencoded file, then take it from 3.4. Its obviously not any different or else the upgrade package would have overwrote the old one.

I have 3.4.1 installed and its menu.php is not encoded. doesnt matter which version that menu.php came from, its an up to date file and its not encoded. Your obviously complaining that the 3.4.1 zip file has the menu.php encoded. Thats obviously just a simple mistake or choice by matt. Either way, if someone wants an unencoded version, they know where to get it.

I think the issue here is that Matt is obviously going in the direction of encoding menu.php in future releases (and hell, it's bound to change eventually, right)

So basically - We're asking that future releases of the file not be encoded so that we can make changes to it. Yeah, for the time being we can use an old file, but that won't always be the case.

I updated to version 3.4.1 a few days ago. This morning I realised my Admin menu was all wrong.

As turns out the reason is because I had customised all the menu for admin, as the standard layout made little to no sense it terms of organisation.

Anyway now the menu.php file is encoded.

So I have fixed it for the moment by adding my old menu.php file and so far this does not seem to affect anything, in terms of any updates done.

I don't know what happened to my original post but it has been edited by someone.

I had on the end, a question to Matt. Asking can this file be left un-encoded in the future.

This has apparently been answered some where else in this forum according to another poster.

I would also like to apologise for the title listing as "admin.php". I really don't recall doing this, nor how I would have done it but anyway most of you at least figured out what I meant, sorry.

It was supposed to read "admin/menu.php encoded"

(I would have picked this up earlier except since the change of this forum program, I have not been getting any replies to post's. After just realising this post has had activity, now I know I need to go set my account again for auto notifications.)