WHMCS Application Links (Cpanel) lead to wrong page on WHMCS

vinc1402

Hello, I really like the Application Links inside Cpanel.

But the only problem I have with them is that they direct you to the wrong page/page inside WHMCS.

For example: "Open Ticket" in Cpanel, you Click it and it redirects you to let's sat the 'Network status' page.

Even though the link is formed like  https://hostname.net:2083/cpsess9775965434/frontend/paper_lantern/integration/index.html?app=WHMCS_clientarea_submit_ticket 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kind regards, 

Vincent S.

28 minutes ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Hi @vinc1402

Thanks for your post. This behaviour is not normal could you try disabling, and reactivating Application Links, if this doesnt help please contact our support team for further investigation

Will do right away. 

I'll update this topic if I have a solution.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

Thank you for your post!

Can you please confirm if this happens with the 'six' theme shipped with WHMCS? I ask this as I have encountered this before and it was the result of the custom theme directing the request to the wrong page, however the six theme was working as expected.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

For what it's worth, I've never been able to get the App Links working since they were shipped.

I always use a "minimally" customised SIX theme as per the docs: https://developers.whmcs.com/themes/getting-started/

After every update I always copy and modify the SIX theme, then try again enabling, disabling, enabling links etc but they always end up at the same "My Details" page of the account.

Just tried the standard SIX theme and still get the same result.

On 29/12/2017 at 12:39 AM, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Hi @vinc1402

Thanks for your post. This behaviour is not normal could you try disabling, and reactivating Application Links, if this doesnt help please contact our support team for further investigation

Hello CrisD, If I play with the settings (actually just saving them without change) does help. But the next day it gets worse, the days after this, all is redirected wrong. 

On 29/12/2017 at 9:12 PM, WHMCS Alex said:

Hello,

Thank you for your post!

Can you please confirm if this happens with the 'six' theme shipped with WHMCS? I ask this as I have encountered this before and it was the result of the custom theme directing the request to the wrong page, however the six theme was working as expected.

Thanks!

Hello Alex, unfortunately switching to the Six theme didn't help. It keeps the same behavior as before.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

As an update to this post, I was able to resolve this issue for @Vox by re-applying the Friendly URL's and I was able to identify that the same issue @vinc1402 is experiencing does not occur with the 'six' theme active, so must be a redirection that the custom theme being used is applying.

3 hours ago, WHMCS Alex said:

Hello,

As an update to this post, I was able to resolve this issue for @Vox by re-applying the Friendly URL's and I was able to identify that the same issue @vinc1402 is experiencing does not occur with the 'six' theme active, so must be a redirection that the custom theme being used is applying.

For the moment it is all working, even with my customised theme. I changed the URL rewrite setting (full friendly rewrite) and purged the theme its cache.

This might just be the fix, thank you all for your help.

Kind regards,

Vincent