Delay the invoice?

NameFlag

HI there,

A client of mine wants me to build them a rental website and use WHMCS as the alternative booking system for them, I'm stuck at one key issue though.

When someone books/orders a product, an invoice is instantly activated. - is it possible to delay the invoice creation until that order has manually been accepted by the team?

I have the order form setup with a configuration option "booking date" & "minimum hours" - I want it so that when they submit the order, it requires manual approval to verify the dates are availale, and if so, the team accepts the order & it then issues the invoice.

22 hours ago, NameFlag said:

A client of mine wants me to build them a rental website and use WHMCS as the alternative booking system for them, I'm stuck at one key issue though.

i'm not sure that WHMCS would be the most obvious solution for such an issue - i'd have thought they'd be many WordPress solutions, using existing booking/appointment plugins, more suited to the task. :?:

When someone books/orders a product, an invoice is instantly activated. - is it possible to delay the invoice creation until that order has manually been accepted by the team?

theoretically, yes... though not via any admin settings.... and there are potential complications in delaying it's creation, e.g what if prices/exchange rates have changed from the time of the initial order, to it's later acceptance - you could potentially end up creating an invoice based on prices/figures that the client hasn't agreed to.

I think a simpler solution might be to let WHMCS create the invoice as normal at the time of ordering, but then use two action hooks to a) change the status from Unpaid to Draft (clients cannot see draft invoices in their client area) and b) prevent the sending of the invoice email to the client - so they'll get the order confirmation email as usual, but not the invoice. :idea:

I have the order form setup with a configuration option "booking date" & "minimum hours" - I want it so that when they submit the order, it requires manual approval to verify the dates are available, and if so, the team accepts the order & it then issues the invoice.

with the above solution, you could either manage the process manually, e.g accept order, change invoice status to Unpaid (and optionally edit the invoice) and email invoice to the client... or automate the process again using hooks - though you would lose the option of editing the invoice that way.