WHMCS for an auction website

Yan

Question

Hi,

We are looking to build an online auction website.

We are shopping for the best backend platform and found WHMCS which seems great, although there is no demo available without purchase (I am aware of the 30-day money back guarantee).

Can WHMCS be used for an auction website without too much development? What would a developer need to add to the existing WHMCS to adapt it for auctions (custom inventory module, etc.)?

Concerning the pricing: our website will encourage visitors to sign up even if they do not purchase. Hence there will be lots of clients but only a few will actually purchase and for small amounts. The current pricing structure on a client-basis makes sense for hosting businesses, but not for an auction website, because we would end up paying high fees even if no client buys, and our average revenue per client will be way lower than for hosting businesses. Would it be possible to accommodate us with an unlimited clients licence for the price of a Plus license for the first year?

And can the license fees be waived during the time we develop the website to adapt it for auctions?

Thanks,

Yan

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Yan said:

We are shopping for the best backend platform and found WHMCS which seems great, although there is no demo available without purchase (I am aware of the 30-day money back guarantee).

you might want to take a look at the Softaculous WHMCS v7.3 demo - you can login to both client and admin areas and play with the software to see if it's as great as you seem to think. :)

http://demo.softaculous.com/enduser/index.php?act=demos&soft=144

1 hour ago, Yan said:

Can WHMCS be used for an auction website

in theory, probably yes...

1 hour ago, Yan said:

without too much development? What would a developer need to add to the existing WHMCS to adapt it for auctions (custom inventory module, etc.)?

aaah - I think it would potentially need a lot of development... i'm not aware of any WHMCS auction module, so it would have to be custom written.

I can't help thinking that you'd be better off with another solution, such as WordPress with an auction plugin - that way they'd be no, or little, ongoing costs... I suspect the chances of WHMCS waiving the license fees for a year are very unlikely.