whm not connecting properly with whmcs

ajitdas

hello everyone, 

i m trying to add server to my whmcs as instructed https://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM 

But the problem is when i try to connect to whm its redirect to whmcs admin login page.

My configuration are as follow : 

Name
Hostname whm url eg:server21.somedomain.com
IP Address ip address of the whm login page 

Type Centova CastCloudmincPanelDirectAdminGameCPHeart InternetHelmHelm 4HyperVMInterWorxLXAdminMediaCPPleskReseller CentralSCPanelTCAdminvePortalVirtualminVPS.netWebsitePanelWHMSonicXPanel  SUCCESSFUL!
Username  USERNAME OF MY WHM
Password pASSWORD OF MU WHM
API Token Here is the api token i got from WHM MANAGE API
Secure Tick to use SSL Mode for Connections
Port  Override with Custom Port

When i click test connection it says successful.

Server Name IP Address Active Accounts % Usage   Status    
cPanel
WHM/cPanel * this is the ip i added 0/200 0%  
tick.png
Edit Delete

when i click to login to WHM it log me out of WHMCS and take me to its login page.
what could be the reason if anyone can tell me .

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Are you seeing the WHMCS Login page, or the WHM login page?

The auto-login is processed via the cPanel API, so in order to see the commands being sent/received between WHMCS and the module, the Utilities > Logs > Module debug Log tool can be used
Please enable it, reproduce the problem, disable it again and then copy the data here for us to review.

More detailed instructions are published at http://docs.whmcs.com/Troubleshooting_Module_Problems

Note: Please remove any sensitive data before posting it here publicly.

• 2 months later...

Having a similar issue -- yet more niggley... 

WHMCS installed at our primary server -- works fine (links to CPanel server with API key, provisions, reports, etc, etc). 

eNOM account also linked and works fine (orders domains, 2-way comms).

TPP reseller account linked -- works fine (uploaded existing customer details, hosting, domains, provisioning to cloud sites, etc). 

Ordered another WHM / CPanel server at TPP -- followed directions implicitly via WHMCS site and TPP... No joy... fails everytime. 

Log error:  

{"metadata":{"result":0,"version":1,"command":"create_user_session","reason":"Permission denied: You do not have the required privileges to run “create_user_session”."}}

{"status":0,"statusmsg":"Permission Denied"}

Yes, ticked "No Restrictions" in filed below server log-in and PW (TPP do not have API creation enabled on their end). 

TPP support has been testing for some time now... it fails for them too (yet they say their other reseller do not complain of similar issue). 

I've gone through above Troubleshooting Module Problems, etc, etc, etc... Nothing seems to change the privilege issue... 

Welcome and ideas, insights, or advice. TYVMIA!

45 minutes ago, hostie said:

{"metadata":{"result":0,"version":1,"command":"create_user_session","reason":"Permission denied: You do not have the required privileges to run “create_user_session”."}}

{"status":0,"statusmsg":"Permission Denied"}

This error indicates that they have not given your WHM account access to the cPanel/WHM API i'd recommend asking them to check these settings and reach our to cPanel Support who can provide them with more guidence

1 minute ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

This error indicates that they have not given your WHM account access to the cPanel/WHM API i'd recommend asking them to check these settings and reach our to cPanel Support who can provide them with more guidence

Thanks Chris.

That's exactly what I've been telling TPP (over the past few weeks) -- yet they seem to think their WHM CPanel implementation is fine. Seems an earlier TPP implementation "was" yet the capability to access the API Hash has been hidden from WHM. TPP senior techs seem convinced its something in our WHMCS config -- yet I seriously doubt (as it works flawlessly with everything EXCEPT the new WHM CPanel server we ordered from them. It seemed TPP had a good deal of experience with WHMCS integrations -- yet it now seems not to be the case. I've copied them in this discussion -- hopefully they can come to some resolution.

Much appreciate your rapid response!