Graphs stopped working after upgrade to 7.3

Hi there,

I did the auto upgrade and immediately afterwards the dashboard graph widgets no longer load. Please see: http://prntscr.com/gxzp0a

I've tried changing themes and that doesn't work. Presumably some files didn't get moved over? I can manually install the files - but is there a particular folder I should focus on as I don't really want to have have to upload everything for the risk of breaking it further.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, voodoochilli said:

is there a particular folder I should focus on as I don't really want to have have to upload everything for the risk of breaking it further.

re-upload the entire 'vendor' folder... there shouldn't be any customisations of yours in there, so there's little chance of further breakage!

1 hour ago, voodoochilli said:

Full restore, nothing fixed it. Seems to be the widget code itself...are there any changes with graphs that would cause this problem in 7.3?

taking another look at that screenshot again, it occurred to me that this is the custom widget by @MikeDVB from four years ago...

having just tried it in v7.3, it doesn't work and i'm seeing what you're seeing.... yet did in v7.2.3 :mad:

it's going to have to be rewritten - the queries will still be basically sound (for now), but how graphs are drawn has changed.

the default System Overview widget should, more or less, show the same information that this widget did for the current year (though not previous ones)... you may has well remove the style bar widget from your administrator status for now, as there won't be a quick fix to make it work... i'll add it to my list of widgets to write (or fix).

• 3 weeks later...

Oh that's unfortunate. I use a lot of graphs on my home dash and none of them work. Any idea which functions have changed or what would cause it? Had I have known this I would't have upgraded.

How easy is it to downgrade?

Thanks.

Edited by voodoochilli
typo

• 3 weeks later...