dottk.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder 5.3... cannot run under PHP 7

gravel

When I try to access mysite.com/admin/modulequeue.php I get an error that says "Oops Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request..." When I turn on PHP debugging, I get the output below.   What do I need to do to get things working again? I'm running PHP 7.0.x, Zend 3.0.0 with ionCube loader enabled.

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home/username/public_html/installdirectory/modules/registrars/dottk/dottk.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.24 with
    Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown:0
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/username/public_html/installdirectory/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(16, 'The file /home/...', 'Unknown', 0)
    #1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()
    #2 {main}

This is another case of where WHMCS should be cleaning up after itself.

I realize this is kind of hard to do, but it shouldn't be terribly hard to put some sort of if check into the upgrade script, something like

if (file_exists($whmcspath//registrars/dottk/dottk.php)
{
die("You should consider removing the following old files, as your installation will break if you don't");
}

Just saying, this would save a lot of hassle for everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the solution John, I was also struggling with the cause of this Oops error whenever I tried to access the Setup Addon Modules or the Module Queue

After removing the file that you suggested I still kept getting the error but showing different files so I removed these files one at a time until the error stopped.

If it helps anyone else, the files I had to remove/rename were;

/modules/registrars/dottk/dottk.php

/modules/registrars/netregistry/netregistry.php

/modules/addons/enomnewtlds/enomnewtlds.php

/modules/addons/ssl/ssl.php

/modules/addons/remotesupport/remotesupport.php

/modules/servers/enomtruste/enomtruste.php

/modules/servers/ensimx/ensimx.php

/modules/servers/fluidvm/fluidvm.php

/modules/servers/plesk10/plesk10.php

/modules/servers/plesk9/plesk9.php

/modules/servers/plesk8/plesk8.php