Integraton Code For Domain Names

Jase

There isn't a setting out of the box. I am sure it could be modified though but what for as when you do a domain check the next page shows all of your TLD's and what is and isn't available. The client can check the tld(s) he/she wants to register and proceed with ordering it/them etc.

Regards

Ben

Camotec Web Solutions

here a sample

<form action="http://www.intechs.gr/clients/domainchecker.php" method="post">

<p>

<input type="hidden" name="direct" value="true">

Domain:

<input type="text" name="domain" size="20">

<label>

<input type="checkbox" name="checkbox" value="checkbox">

.gr

</label>

.com

</label>

</select>

<input type="submit" value="Go">

</p>

</form>

Hello Giannis,

The sample code doesn't work. It's not acknowledging the TLDs. For example if a search is done for abc.gr, it will say "abc is available!" displaying the domain name without any TLD at all rather then "abc.gr is available!"

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jase

Even if that were a regular form, this would not return "gr".

It would return "checkbox" if checked, and since nothing in WHMCS is looking for the field "checkbox" anyway, nothing would be "seen" by the script.

Should be more like:

<input type="checkbox" name="ext" value="gr">

Building this manually is a pain to update. You might be able to use the array that the drop down uses to populate it, meaning that when you change available TLDs some time in the future, you won't have to manually change your form(s). Look in domainchecker.tpl for the "foreach" that builds the dropdown for extensions. You could probably build it using that.

Oh, and you have 2 closing </label> tags in that code up there ^^, but only one is open. ;)

You're welcome.

Why does it return all some times and only some the next? Registrar timeout, maybe? I'm not sure, but I've noticed something similar. If I try to transfer a ".com", it often checks/returns only the ".com". If I try a ".org" instead, it will often return com, net and org. I don't know if it's related, though.

Yes, exactly.

It is happening consistently with some TLD's and this happens even if the TLD's are all under the same domain registrar.

If it was a time out it probably wouldn't be consistent.

Hope someone working at WHMCS could advise what may be the reason for it.

It is happening consistently with some TLD's and this happens even if the TLD's are all under the same domain registrar.

If it was a time out it probably wouldn't be consistent.

Its quite likely the operator of the WHOIS service you are accessing is droping your queries because you're making too many - one our brands *sadly* reguarly gets banned from doing whois lookups by several registries when clients start researching potential domains for a project ...

The problem is that it is the admin who decides if the use will be able to search all the TLDS at the same time or not.

It would be good if there was a checkbox menu rather then drop down menu for TLDs that allowed the user to decide which TLDs they would like to search at the same time so that a search is performed only on those and none other.

Its quite likely the operator of the WHOIS service you are accessing is droping your queries because you're making too many - one our brands *sadly* reguarly gets banned from doing whois lookups by several registries when clients start researching potential domains for a project ...