Client name on tickets

snake

On tickets, how can we get them to show the name/email of the person we are actually speaking to rather than just the name of the company.

It is very impersonal and kinda rude when you do not know who you are talking to, plus impossible to call them when you have no name, let alone perform a security check.

where do you mean ? viewticket page in the client area?? i'm seeing the client name and not their company name... :?:

everywhere that is anything to do with the ticket.

The only time it shows the persons name is if the ticket is not linked to a clientID, i.e came from an email addresses not in the system. If the ticket is linked to a client, it always shows the company name.

everywhere that is anything to do with the ticket.

The only time it shows the persons name is if the ticket is not linked to a clientID, i.e came from an email addresses not in the system. If the ticket is linked to a client, it always shows the company name.

using the Six template?

i'm not seeing that - just checked in v6.2.2 and v7.1.2 - both are showing client name to me, never the company name... I don't suppose you have any hooks modifying the values ??

I'm curious what you're after here as well. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing, and what you'd like to see? That might help us understand what you're missing here.

As mentioned in my first post, I want the tickets to display the name of the person and not the name of the company.

so if the company name is "abc services" and the person submitting the ticket is called "Sam Spade", I want "Sam Spade" to appear on the ticket and not "Abc services", so that I know who I am talking to as all our clients have multiple staff/contacts, so I cannot just assume it is always the same person.

I have tested this on 2 different installations, 6.x and 7.x

If the ticket is submitted via the website, then it shows the persons name.

If the ticket is submitted via email (as most of ours are) then it shows the company name.

If the ticket is submitted via email (as most of ours are) then it shows the company name.

it might have been better if you had mentioned 20 hours ago that you were talking specifically about piping. :roll:

we don't really use it as we prefer the clients to login, but I just setup a forwarder for v7.1.2 and it's showing Sam Spade for the "Submitter" and in viewticket too... basically, it's showing firstname/lastname whether I open in the client area or via mail.

what's your value in general settings -> other -> admin client display format ??

if you choose "show First Name / Last Name" then it shows just the name, the second option shows just the company name, and the 3rd shows both...

I suppose there might be a slight bug when a contact opens a ticket in that it displays the name of the main contact as the submitter, though the correct contact is used in viewticket (if option 1 is chosen)... but that's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

it might have been better if you had mentioned 20 hours ago that you were talking specifically about piping. :roll:

we don't really use it as we prefer the clients to login, but I just setup a forwarder for v7.1.2 and it's showing Sam Spade for the "Submitter" and in viewticket too... basically, it's showing firstname/lastname whether I open in the client area or via mail.

what's your value in general settings -> other -> admin client display format ??

if you choose "show First Name / Last Name" then it shows just the name, the second option shows just the company name, and the 3rd shows both...

I suppose there might be a slight bug when a contact opens a ticket in that it displays the name of the main contact as the submitter, though the correct contact is used in viewticket (if option 1 is chosen)... but that's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Well i'm not sure how you think I could have known that you wanted that info in advance or that it was even specific to piping before I did the tests, you do know that crystal balls and mind reading are not real right? :roll:

Anyway it seems that general settings -> other -> admin client display format is the setting I was looking for, and it now displays correctly, so obviously wasn't specific to piping at all. So thanks.