New Forum

PPH

One of the great things about this place used to be the forums, a true "community" effort. With this update, and the truly disrespectful attitude taken by the staff to paying clients here, I've got to say, that has just gone downhill.

Re: date and time

Yes, you're in the UK. That's fine. Is the UK so special that it deserves it's own time format? No. Is the US? No. Forcing someone to use a non world standard time format is a sign of disrespect to your clients, period. Not allowing them to CHANGE that is even more of a sign of disrespect. It's like telling your clients

I'm going to force you to eat a pickle even though I know you HATE pickles!

Come on now, show some respect for the people who keep you in business.

RE: Search

Again, you may think you're right Bear, but you're not. You've limited search so much so that the company's own product can not be searched in a reasonable fashion (I'm sure you've excluded that by now from the rules, proving once again you want your own 'status' to be changed). So what if it's a little more resource intensive. It's not like it's using gigs of ram per search, or even gigs of cpu resources. Again, we ARE paying clients, are we not? Do we not deserve to be treated and respected as such? Yes, we are and do.

I could see those limitations if those were somewhere like wht, or another "free" resource, but they're not. They're directly used by clients (and potential clients) here, and the more you annoy your clients (and potential clients), the more they start looking for other alternatives.

Please, actually show some respect to people here who have built this service and product up. Everyone knows the ONLY way WHMCS got so popular of late is word of mouth, that's all, nothing more. Now, you're basically telling those that actually said good things that you don't want us around any more with this treatment? Come on now, that's just wrong.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this update, and the truly disrespectful attitude taken by the staff to paying clients here
Disrespectful?

Oh, that.

Forcing someone to use a non world standard time format is a sign of disrespect to your clients, period. Not allowing them to CHANGE that is even more of a sign of disrespect.

There is no "world standard time format", but if there was, it would likely be GMT, which looks surprisingly like the current format in use. From the VB settings:

Display, enter the format you wish to use for the display of dates here.

Examples:

US Format (e.g., 04-25-98 ) : m-d-y

Expanded US Format (e.g., April 25th, 1998 ): F jS, Y

European Format (e.g., 25-04-98 ): d-m-y

Expanded European Format (e.g., 25th April 1998 ): jS F Y

Secondly, VB doesn't allow the setting to be changed by individuals. It's all or nothing across the board. If it were possible, I'm sure we'd have no trouble allowing members to use it. It would appear you're upset simply because the European format is not *your* choice for the default.

Personally, I don't care for it either, and it took me at least 5 whole minutes to get used to using it. :(

You've limited search so much so that the company's own product can not be searched in a reasonable fashion (I'm sure you've excluded that by now from the rules, proving once again you want your own 'status' to be changed).

Interesting, but confusing. You claimed once that the search didn't allow for WHMCS to be searched for because we were limiting searches to 3 letters. Count them. WHMCS is 5. What have we left off that you feel you need to be able to search for and can't?

As for my "status" what is it you're insinuating, that I'm doing things here for some ulterior motive? How insulting, and not unexpected.

One of the great things about this place used to be the forums, a true "community" effort. With this update, and the truly disrespectful attitude taken by the staff to paying clients here, I've got to say, that has just gone downhill.

In what ways?

Many boards use the European format. Is it that big a problem?

RE: Search

It's not uncommon for busy forums to use flood control. I don't find it to be an inconvenience, but obviously you do. Still, it seems like your reaction is disproportionate to the circumstance. :|

Expanded European Format (e.g., 25th April 1998 ): jS F Y
As for the time issue, this setting would seem to be ideal in that it would sort things in the order that the UK is accustomed to but everything is also spelled out for those of us not used to that sequence. Just a thought, maybe a nice middle ground we can all be happy with?

• 4 years later...