New Forum

PPH

I hate to be the one that is unhappy, but im not impressed with VB, mainly cause on all sites i access the standard text size is perfectly fine, but on this forum now it is far too small, which is annoying as the systems i use to do my job are then far too big if i change the size

That's nothing to do with VB, that's a simple style change in the template but yes I agree it is a little small....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nothing to do with VB, that's a simple style change in the template but yes I agree it is a little small....

Also noticed the poll options have to stay under 10 characters :(

And not to sound like a complainer, but 30 seconds for the search feature seems a little long, but if it keeps the performance up it's fine :D

Also noticed the poll options have to stay under 10 characters

Up to 30 now. 10 isn't enough, usually.

And not to sound like a complainer, but 30 seconds for the search feature seems a little long

Why do you feel you need to be able to search more often than every 30 seconds?

The load time is impeccably better. Other than that the main complains I see can easily be resolved by changing the stylesheet (as someone else mentioned.)

Or you can do a little work on your own by adding Greasemonkey to your browser, and just tweaking up your own stylesheet if you're too putzed about the 11px font size.

Up to 30 now. 10 isn't enough, usually.

Why do you feel you need to be able to search more often than every 30 seconds?

Thanks for the increase. As for the search, I use the new posts button to navigate and it doesn't take that long to read the single posts. Not a biggie, but I keep running into it.

EDIT: And I see the font size poll went bye bye... :(

Anyone else having the index forum icons stay as "unread" after reading all posts in that forum?

The only way mine changes is if I click, Mark Forums Read at the bottom of the index page.

Currently it's cookie based. Basically, after 15 minutes of being inactive on (or away from) the forum it will mark current threads, up to when the cookie was set, as read. You can manually mark individual forums read (forum tools drop down, just above the thread list in that forum view), or alternately mark all of them read from the index (as mentioned) or from the "Quick Links" menu at the top of any page.

Enabling RSS feature is very usefull for us.

Any plan about this?

Not that I've heard of, no. That's up to Matt.