Upgrade to 7.1.2 from 6.2.2 fails

We have a site running V6.2.2. When we try upgrading to 7.1.2 we get thew following error:

PHP Fatal error: The file /home/*******/public_html/support/index.php cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.

If you are the administrator of this site then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader.

We are running Cloud Linux with PHP 5.6 and ioncube loader is enabled. The strange thing is we have a devsite on the same server which upgrades fine. Can this be related to either the vendors files or possibly license.

Thanks in advance

I doubt it's a license issue as that shouldn't cause the PHP error as the one you describe... reuploading the vendors folder is rarely a bad idea and usually a good first step in resolving errors.

have you checked that you are using the correct Ioncude loaders on the main site and it meets the System Requirements ? I know you said you have a devsite working on the same server, but there must be a difference somewhere...

I doubt it's a license issue as that shouldn't cause the PHP error as the one you describe... reuploading the vendors folder is rarely a bad idea and usually a good first step in resolving errors.

have you checked that you are using the correct Ioncude loaders on the main site and it meets the System Requirements ? I know you said you have a devsite working on the same server, but there must be a difference somewhere...

Thank you for the response Brian. I will make 100% my crew did check, but we have multiple clients running WHMCS and my guys know what they are doing (usually :-)).

The funny thing is the dev site runs on the same server. The only difference between the main and dev site is that they are running under different cpanel accounts, which is essentially a different path.

We will also try the vendor folder.