Upgrading from WHMCS 6.X to 7.X

I'm finally in the process of making the move from WHMCS 6.X to the latest version of WHMCS.

What is the best way to move the old database from WHMCS 6 to 7?

Im going to be provisioning a new server running NGINX+ PHP 7 and afterwards installing WHMCS 7 and somehow import the database from V6.

If I point the configuration file to the database of V6 is WHMCS smart enough to know and upgrade the database during the installation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

If I point the configuration file to the database of V6 is WHMCS smart enough to know and upgrade the database during the installation?

WHMCS 7.1 will do the upgrade for you as part of the upgrade process. All you need to know about the process is here: http://docs.whmcs.com/Upgrading

I would suggest doing the upgrade to your existing v6.x installation on php 5.6 and then once you are on 7.1 changing to php 7. At this time due to Ioncube loaders not yet supporting php 7.1 you will need to stay on 7.0 (not 7.1)

Hello Nicarlo,

Thanks for your post.

As Brad has indicated upgrading your exisiting installation to v7 would be a viable option. As an alternative you could upload WHMCS v7.1 to your new server, then copy over your Database and configuration.php file and run the /install folder to upgrade from 6 to 7.

Alternatively, once you have installed v7 you could try WHMCS ImportAssist docs.whmcs.com/ImportAssist

• 3 years later...

A question about WHMCS ChrisD post

As Brad has indicated upgrading your exisiting installation to v7 would be a viable option. As an alternative you could upload WHMCS v7.1 to your new server, then copy over your Database and configuration.php file and run the /install folder to upgrade from 6 to 7. 

I have version 6.1.1-release.1 installed and want to move to latest version. Will the above instructions work for my upgrade?

Thanks so much

Corky

• 1 month later...

Product Auto Upgrade For WHMCS permits to automatically shift products on the basis of the server resource usage tracked with Advanced Billing For WHMCS module. It will allow you to set rules related to the server resource usage according to which the module will upgrade/downgrade products and their configurable options at the right time.