domainchecker.php in version 7

Hello

i remember in version 5 or 6 WHMCS had a domain checker with this address: domain.com/domainchecker.php

it was profissional and had few click TLD and then check and etc....

but in version 7 when i open this link, it redirect to /cart.php?a=add&domain=register

so where is profissional domain checker like previous versions in version 7?

thanks.

Edited by 3245

Hello 3245,

As outlined in the Version 7 Release Notes the domain checker has had some improvements & changes http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_7.0_Release_Notes

• Domain Checker Improvements - The domain checker has been integrated into the shopping cart, and along with the new domain lookup functionality introduced in WHMCS 7.0 including spotlight TLDs and sale groups, is designed to offer a more streamlined and consistent domain lookup and purchase experience for end users. The domain checker file remains in place to provide redirects that will automatically redirect most previous domain checker based requests and form submissions to the new cart based domain lookup. The bulk domain check and bulk domain transfer facilities within the client area have been removed in 7.0. The new domain lookup functionality provided within the shopping cart in 7.0 is intended to deliver a more intuitive and optimised user experience for searching for and adding multiple domains to the shopping cart.

Hello 3245,

As outlined in the Version 7 Release Notes the domain checker has had some improvements & changes http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_7.0_Release_Notes

• Domain Checker Improvements - The domain checker has been integrated into the shopping cart, and along with the new domain lookup functionality introduced in WHMCS 7.0 including spotlight TLDs and sale groups, is designed to offer a more streamlined and consistent domain lookup and purchase experience for end users. The domain checker file remains in place to provide redirects that will automatically redirect most previous domain checker based requests and form submissions to the new cart based domain lookup. The bulk domain check and bulk domain transfer facilities within the client area have been removed in 7.0. The new domain lookup functionality provided within the shopping cart in 7.0 is intended to deliver a more intuitive and optimised user experience for searching for and adding multiple domains to the shopping cart.

Thanks for reply, now how clients can search few TLD with together? for example search 10TLD together for google.com .net .org .us .in ???

they could type in a keyword, e.g google, and if you are using Standard Whois, it would work though your TLD suggestion list and show available options; if you're using a lookup provider, it would search optionally for suggestion and./or premium names too.

if you want the client to be able to specify TLDs to lookup, e.g only com .net .org .us .in etc, then you can't do that by default with v7.

for example, here http://demo.whmcsadmintheme.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=register how i can search 3TLD together? .net .com .org

I want search bulk for example, its a important feature.

i'm tempted to ask why, if it's such an important feature, you didn't test v7 before upgrading to it? or even read the release notes?? :roll:

with every upgrade, it comes with the possibility of new features, and the likely removal of old features - so it would benefit you greatly to get into the habit of testing first before upgrading. :idea:

but to get to your question, you have limited room to do this as WHMCS now works in a different way from previous versions - there's no quick template tweak to return to the old way.

you're going to have to create a custom solution - I suppose if you're using a lookup provider (and not standard whois), you could tweak the output to hide the results of TLDs you haven't highlighted and thus only show the results for the ones that were - but that's unlikely to be a Smarty or hook method, but a tweak to the jQuery... or rewrite the jQuery to only lookup selected TLDs... but I don't think i'd want to be involved in writing the code for either of those options! :)

to be honest, if you wanted to do this, it would have been easier if you had just stuck with v6 - but now that you've upgraded, it's not that simple to downgrade - so you're stuck with either having to use WHMCS out of the box or use a custom solution.