Domain table columns don't look right

On the create table sql script ( install sql ) I see

`urlforwarding` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,

`emailforwarding` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,

going way back urlforwarding was changed to dnsmanagement

Upgrade340

ALTER TABLE `tbldomains` CHANGE `urlforwarding` `dnsmanagement` TEXT NOT NULL ;

First question is which is it `urlforwarding` or `dnsmanagement` ( I believe it's `dnsmanagement` )

Second question is Why TEXT!

If I'm not mistaken these are check box entry fields which are either 1 or 0, true or false, yes or no

So why change them to TEXT which is way more space than this setting would ever need.

From what I see there is not enough attention paid to the tables.

As I look through mine I find columns that are not in the create table scripts

I find columns that are missing.

Is it possible the SQL script with latest version is wrong - not creating the latest versions of the tables

Since the software runs with no problems were these missing columns really needed?

Since the database has always been upgraded version to version wouldn't it be wise to remove columns no longer needed?

Edited by vincent_g

Anyone have a clue as to why the table structure from the supplied install.sql supplied with whmcs_v710_full is not correct?

There are several tables that don't match what should be there.

It in fact matches the install.sql supplied with whmcs_v503_stable.zip

Can this be explained as to why this very old SQL script is coming with this new version and is absent all the upgrade scripts?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

The install.sql file creates the database structure as it was back in 3.2.0. The installer then moves through each update sequentially modifying the database as necessary. In this way it is possible to upgrade any WHMCS installation version 3.2.0 and above directly to the latest version using just one distributed set of files.

Other database changes are made by the files in the \vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Updater\Version\ directory.