.au domain all already taken

johnc

Hello,

I am running version 6.3.1 of whmcs.

Domain checker showing what ever the name entered in .AU TLD as 'already taken'.

For example,

sadjkhfksdjfjsdf123.com.au

sadjkhfksdjfjsdf123.org.au

sadjkhfksdjfjsdf123.net.au

All are already taken.

This is not correct.

Please advise what might be the problem.

Thank you.

my first thought is that there is an incorrect entry in your /includes/whoisservers.php file, but I now doubt it - as i've just checked the v6.3.1 zip and the entries for .au are the same as my own latest file.

.asn.au|whois.audns.net.au|No Data Found
.com.au|whois.audns.net.au|No Data Found
.edu.au|whois.audns.net.au|No Data Found
.org.au|whois.audns.net.au|No Data Found
.net.au|whois.audns.net.au|No Data Found
.id.au|whois.audns.net.au|No Data Found

if yours are the same, then that can't be the issue - as your suggested domains are all showing as available to me.

I suspect that the cause of your problem is that the .au registry may have blacklisted your IP for making too many whois requests.

https://ausregistry.com.au/frequently-asked-questions/

Blacklisting occurs when a person makes too many .au WHOIS search enquiries. Blacklisting means that a person is banned from using the .au WHOIS search service for a specified time period.

The limit is 20 queries per hour from the same IP address. The ban lasts for 24 hours.

there is an alternative solution that will only tell you whether a domain is available or not (provides no additional whois details) and which is not subject to blacklisting of IPs - unless you absolutely hammered the server I guess!

.com.au|whois-check.ausregistry.net.au|---Available

replace your .com.au entry with the above in whoisservers.php, and then see if you can do whois searches for any .com.au domain - if so, then change your other .au entries to use 'whois-check.ausregistry.net.au|---Available' :idea: