upgrade to 7 failed

check your error_log file in the root of the site if you are getting 500 errors most likely one of the modules is not updated for php 7 and latest ioncube loader I just went throught this one module at a time until either it was updated or it was disabled until site loaded with php 7

thanks.

Here they are

[06-Oct-2016 21:52:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home//public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 22:24:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/how/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 22:24:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hongw/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 22:24:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hosgw/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 22:24:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hongw/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 22:24:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hingw/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 23:02:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hongw/public_html/customerportal/clientarea.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 23:02:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hgw/public_html/customerportal/index.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 23:02:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hingw/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 23:02:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hingw/public_html/customerportal/cart.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 23:02:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hongw/public_html/customerportal/domainchecker.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 23:56:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hngw/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[06-Oct-2016 23:59:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hngw/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[07-Oct-2016 00:41:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hogw/public_html/customerportal/knowledgebase.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

[07-Oct-2016 01:40:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: <br>The file <b>/home/hgw/public_html/customerportal/upgrade.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed. in Unknown on line 0

- - - Updated - - -

so sounds like I need to upgrade php to 5.6?

- - - Updated - - -

running currently PHP Version 5.4.45

So that is enough to break it?

Have asked data centre for upgrade

Edited by djpete

Sorry I thought you were using php7

let's start over.

Make sure you are using the latest ioncube if you're not on php 5.6 it would be a good idea to switch to it.

if you have cpanel and have easyapache 4 then the latest ioncube for php5.6 I believe is 5

I will send data centre the min requirements.

Thanks again. Faster here than lodging a ticket which I just closed.

System Requirements

Requirement Minimum Recommended

PHP Version 5.6.0 Latest 7.x Release

PHP Memory Limit 64MB 128MB**

PHP Database Extension PDO PDO

PHP Extensions Curl with SSL GD2 Image Library JSON Support Curl with SSL GD2 Image Library JSON Support MBString Iconv

Edited by djpete

Since this is another major change in version 7 I feel it should be much bolder and a major notice that MIN 5.6 PHP IS REQUIRED FOR V7.

Anyway once php is upgraded I am sure it will solve my issue.

Thanks again

Edited by djpete

Hi djpete,

Thanks for your reply we appriciate it and I will pass it on as well

We have been flagging the upcoming PHP changes which started with a blog we posted back in June http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=114831

We also updated the system requirements and had a flag on the release notes as well http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_7.0_Release_Notes

Just so I can loop our team in, where else would you like to see these? I cant promise we can do it but I can pass the feedback on