CONNECTION ERROR WHMCS [Help]

When i finish install the whmcs on my pc, give me this error when i try access to admin area:

CONNECTION ERROR

has not been able to verify your license for the last few days.

Before you can access your WHMCS Admin Area again, the license needs to be validated successfully. Please check & ensure that you don't have a firewall or DNS rule blocking outgoing connections to our website.

For further assistance, please visit http://docs.whmcs.com/Licensing

Somebody can help me? I don't know what do

Yeah, I can confirm it does not work on Windows, on Linux however it works fine.

Problem is I do development on Windows so... now I'm kind of stuck and need to fiddle around on production to create my domain pricelist page, which btw is a crazy omission in WHMCS v7. I already had clients asking me where the domain pricelist was...

Hello Mundobam,

In v7 we did make some changes to the licensing servers to use SSL below is something that we've been providing Windows users which may help you get your testing enviroment calling back on windows

In version 7.0 and above we have changed the licence validation callback to require it to be made via a SSL connection (previously this was optional).

The error is being generated when placing the cURL call using the `curlopt_ssl_verifypeer` function as your server does not have the appropriate root CA bundles to validate the SSL connection to our licensing server.

Unlike in a Linux distro, where cURL SSL CA bundles are updated directly from Mozilla, you will need to download and update your CA bundles for your Windows box.

I found a great tutorial on how to resolve this issue and get it working which has been noted by other clients reporting this issue to have resolved it for them:

https://snippets.webaware.com.au/howto/stop-turning-off-curlopt_ssl_verifypeer-and-fix-your-php-config/

The curl website has the latest CA root certificate bundle ready to go, just download the .pem and save it where your PHP installation can access it.

Then you just need to edit your php.ini file to tell curl where you saved the .pem file. On my Windows test VM, I have several PHP versions under c:\php, so I put the file into that folder and added this line to each php.ini file:

curl.cainfo=c:\php\cacert.pem

After restarting the web service, curl now has a valid CA root certificate bundle and it can verify the SSL certificates of remote servers just fine.

Hi,

I am also on windows box and facing the same error. Followed the instruction listed at https://snippets.webaware.com.au/howto/stop-turning-off-curlopt_ssl_verifypeer-and-fix-your-php-config/ updated the php.ini file but nothing works my WHMCS installation is inaccessible since last 3 days. I am loosing business. Already have a opened ticket #AYL-793648 on 15th Oct 2016 (07:22) but no resolution yet.

Can you please help fix this issue. I am loosing business. I hope to hear from you soon on this.

Regards,

Neha

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to say that other than making sure you have the right version match-ups for the system requirements ( We had better success using php 5.6 instead of 7), the solution dristitech presented above is perfect. Will resolve the login issue immediately.

Also, an another note regarding WHMCS support staff for paid subscribers, don't bother to call them unless you are absolutely sure you want to be dealt with rudely and treated as if you are a third grader who just discovered what a keyboard is. Opened a ticket on WAMP and LAMP stack issue regarding above and was completely brushed aside. Ended up resolving the matter using community forums especially after enough users posted that they are having the same issue! :?:?:?