Moving all domains to new install

Hello,

From my understanding, are you trying to backup your existing WHMCS installation over to new server? If so, make sure to contact your domain reseller provider in order to whitelist your new server IP where WHMCS will be hosted on.

Regards,

Hello,

From my understanding, are you trying to backup your existing WHMCS installation over to new server? If so, make sure to contact your domain reseller provider in order to whitelist your new server IP where WHMCS will be hosted on.

Regards,

Thanks for the reply.

I have 2 servers for explanation sake 1 will be called tiger and the other one lion.

Lion is currently running a newly configured whmcs installation with an active license.

Tiger is a current hosting a few hundred domains.

I would like to move all the domains from tiger over to lion.

I dont want to move the entire database over from Tiger as it became messy when our devs played around with it over the time.

I noticed the migration script doesnt support version 6 yet so I am trying to do it by copying the tables over. Will it work or will I have to do additional steps ?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Yes you'd need to ensure that the tbldomains.userid value matches up with the client ID of the client to whom the domain belongs. Also you'd want to the tbldomains.orderid to match up with the Order ID of the order under which the domain was originally purchased.

• 3 weeks later...