Upgrade to cPanel 56.0 Build 3 has broken the WHMCS crons

blueearth

Just a heads up. Running WHMCS 6.3.0. After last nights up date to cPanel 56.0 Build 3 the WHMCS crons now no longer work. As an example below for the domain cron.

- xxxxxxx.co.uk: Error: An invalid command was specified

- xxxxxxxx.co.uk: Error: An invalid command was specified

- xxxxxxx.ltd.uk: Error: An invalid command was specified

- xxxxxx.co.uk: Error: An invalid command was specified

All was well yesterday, the thing having changed was last nights cPanel update. We don't run this version on the main server.

Haven't found a cure as yet, so any ideas welcome.

best

Nick

This is something related to Enom (the module or the company) specifically, and not related to upgrading anything.

I and a couple friends (two of us running WHMCS 6.2 and one running the latest WHMCS 6.3.x) are all experiencing Enom domainsync issues since yesterday afternoon.

Mike

Ditto here.

Also had other issues with Enom clients yesterday (Managed DNS + Email Forwarding) so perhaps all related to something done on the Enom backend.

Perhaps OP could change subject on this thread until you absolutely determine that the cause is as your subject says. I suggest the subject be the error code we all received:

"Error: An invalid command was specified"

Agree with everyone here, this is not a WHMCS 6.3 issue, nor is it cPanel 56, as I don't have either of those (running WHMCS 6.2 and cPanel 54). I've not upgraded anything, but started having this issue anyway, starting yesterday.

I opened a ticket with WHMCS today and they replied that this is an eNom issue and suggested that I open a ticket with eNom, which I have done.

WHMCS Support suggested that I Enable Debug Logging under Utilities > Logs > Module Logs, and give eNom some of that output, which I did. Here is what the debug log looks like, which I sent to eNom in my ticket:

Date/Time: 04/14/2016 08:22 CDT

API Action: getdomainexp

API Request: command=GetDomainExp&uid=*******&pw=************&sld=example&tld=com&Engine=WHMCS6.2&

API Response:

;URL Interface

;Machine is SJL0VWAPI10

;Encoding Type is utf-8

Command=GETDOMAINEXP

APIType=API

Language=eng

ErrCount=1

Err1=An invalid command was specified

ResponseCount=1

ResponseNumber1=304150

ResponseString1=Validation error; invalid ; command

MinPeriod=

MaxPeriod=10

Server=SJL0VWAPI10

Site=

IsLockable=

IsRealTimeTLD=

TimeDifference=+0.00

ExecTime=0.033

Done=true

TrackingKey=0bbcd30a-8f48-4273-82a2-6ce2f878661e

RequestDateTime=4/14/2016 6:22:26 AM

I had raised a ticket about this myself (and a separate thread on this forum) and got the same thing from WHMCS, raise it with Enom, did that, they came back asking what we are sending and getting back, so I have sent that over to them and waiting on a response.

- - - Updated - - -

On a separate note I was not too impressed with WHMCS, I would have thought as this is their application that is now having an issue they may have taken it up with Enom rather than saying to ALL their customers, not our problem, you all take it up with Enom yourselves!