password reset link is not sending the pw reset url

• 4 years later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @WeaveStudios,

We'll automatically update any stock email templates when applying a WHMCS update which requires a template change. If a template was customised they'll be skipped by the update routine so as not to remove your customisations.

All the stock email templates are located in /resources/sql/install/tblemailtemplates.data.sql.

• 3 months later...

I found myself having this issue as well. This post most accurately expressed the issue, but didn’t appear to have a resolution.  

Somehow I had also missed that my CLIENT email templates weren’t displaying in the dashboard. I was seeing them in the database, but they weren’t displaying in the dashboard  

After searching and searching for an answer, looking through my template files, database, debugging, etc… I finally installed a dev build to compare to. The only difference I found was that my old/existing database had NULL in the empty reset password fields. 

Oddly enough, when I replaced the NULL entries with empty content, the reset password URLs magically reappeared in the reset password emails. As well, the CLIENT email template reappeared in the email template section of the dashboard. 

I’m not sure if I feel like a genius or a moron, because this solution doesn’t make sense to me.