private knowledgebase article login fails when trying to access while not logged in

===========DESCRIPTION===========

I noticed that when I try to access any private knowledgebase article while Im not logged into the client area, the login page that it shows doesn't actually work. I can type in anything into the email address and password fields and it would simply then load the knowledgebase main page, instead of logging me into my account and into the private article.

=========STEPS TO REPLICATE=========

- ensure you're logged out of a client portal account

- click on a knowledgebase article that is PRIVATE (not accessible while not logged into your client portal account)

- login page shows (which is correct)

- type in actual login details and submit to login

At this stage, it won't actually log you in and just redirects to the /knowledgebase.php page

You can also repeat the steps above and try to login with a non-existent account login details and it will just behave the same way. ie redirect to /knowledgebase.php

=======ADDITIONAL INFORMATION======

Running WHMCS 6.2.1

Edited by ireckonhosting

did you try this on the WHMCS demo site?

I made one of the kb articles private, and then tried to view it in the client area, logged in as the demo user and it worked fine... the demo is using v6.3 RC1

i'm wondering if it's an incorrect htaccess redirection being applied on your site? :roll: