Staff Training

bks

Hi all,

First post, and yes I did a search but only found old information. I am in the process of switching to WHMCS from a home built solution and I am loving it - however it's more complicated and my support team is having problems with some of the account management functions.

Is there a tutorial series that I can link them to, or buy that goes through the process of the basic account management requirements.

Suspend, unsuspend, create new, lookup, add credit, merge accounts, refund, lookup cc, apply payment, add products - for version 6.

I have found tutorials on how customers can use the interface AND how to setup the WHMCS system - but I don’t see anything for how a support person uses the system

How are you guys training your teams on managing your clients?

Thank you we are reviewing right now. We have 10 staffers because we run 24x7 and it's tough trying to help them figure out how to do each thing in the system. We are recording videos for ourselves right now to support this mode of training. Thanks for the links

I was also going to build my own solution after many failed attempts at other systems. The reason why I decided to choose WHMCS is because its really open, a great API, hooks and integration. Their core is encoded but they are an established company for years, so I know they are not going anywhere and most of the system is very flexible. That was the key in my case, not having a boxed limited product. I need something which can grow in the future. If I have to build that grow on top of it, no problem, but the options should be there.

Their documentation is also excellent. That was one of the things that actually made me switch. When I was in a product that is their competitor I always landed in the WHMCS docs on how to do exactly what I required but it was for WHMCS. In particular when it comes with integrating custom modules and products or modifying something. In a world where every company has its own needs (very true for service companies where everyone does things differently), the last thing you want is a boxed product which is not flexible enough. I found myself changing how many services and procedures operated to fit my billing system. No more. Now I can I fit WHMCS into my business model and not the other way around. This is great.

My advice is to actually read the docs. Like with any software it requires some know how. But once you understand how the flow of things work, it gets easier and easier. I would advise one person to fully understand WHMCS in your company. That person can then be a guideline and train the other persons. Once you know how it works, its very easy. I'm in no way an expert user and I still have to transfer several custom things I had running to WHMCS. And I still don't understand the difference between some things, like status Cancelled or Terminated (when you use one or the other). For example, when a customer cancels using the cancellation form the account is set to Terminated (not cancelled), so what should you use when you terminate an account for non payment or abuse? Should do then use Cancelled? Those are the things which I find no sense, in particular when domains only have Cancelled but no other status (like when you need to suspend a domain management for a customer for some time, there is no status either).

But those are really minor things which don't affect the management or workflow.

What exactly do you want to know?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Thanks for your review, it's much appreciated.

When a client places a cancellation request and it's processed, the service will be placed into Cancelled status. When an account is terminated due to non-payment, it will be placed into Terminated status. This way you can tell at-a-glance why the account is no longer active.

Hope that clarifies matters!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...