.UK transfers won't process

Kallb123

Using NameCheap as our registrar we have to submit transfers as 2 years, however WHMCS won't allow us to do this if we want registrations to be able to be on a 1 year term (which is allowed by NameCheap). With this setup in the .uk pricing section, attempting to transfer a domain results in a corrupt cart and a failure to display the price to the customer.

Screenshot of pricing:

ukdomainpricing.png

Screenshot of transfer input:

ukdomaintransfer.png

Screenshot after pressing continue, notice 1 year term (which is disallowed) instead of 2 years:

ukdomainterm.png

This results in the following error when trying to view cart.php:

Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration

One workaround is to disallow 1 year registrations and renewals, as well as transfers, but this is less than ideal.

A second workaround is to allow 1 year transfers, have the transfer fail on the registrar, then resubmit as a 2 year transfer. Also less than ideal.

it's a bug - same thing occurs in both "Modern" and "Standard_Cart" regardless of the registrar used (as that only becomes important once the order is accepted).

you should open a ticket with support or post the above in the Bug Reports forum...

however, be aware that even if they accept it's a bug, it's unlikely to get fixed until the next update, which I would imagine to be sometime in February (I don't know, i'm just going off previous update times)... but the sooner you let them know, the sooner they can work on the fix.

One workaround is to disallow 1 year registrations and renewals, as well as transfers, but this is less than ideal.

A second workaround is to allow 1 year transfers, have the transfer fail on the registrar, then resubmit as a 2 year transfer. Also less than ideal.

when using WHMCS, you may have to use less than ideal workarounds. :)

if it were me, and you do enough .uk transfers to make it worthwhile, i'd disable 1-year registrations and renewals for now - that way at least you won't run into cart errors.

also, bear in mind that Nominet are changing their pricing structure on 1st March, so Namecheap's current rule of only accepting 2-year transfers might change as there will no longer be the financial incentive to do so - it might be worth contacting Namecheap to find out their plans on this.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?108826-50-Increase-of-Nominet-s-*-uk-pricing-in-March-2016

I did take a quick look to see if there were temporary template edits you could use to get around the bug(s), but not really viable...

therefore, the quick solution is to only allow registrations/transfer/renewals for *.uk for the same period; the long-term solution is to wait for the fix.

Thanks Brian, I'm surprised this hasn't happened to other resellers? Nothing came up in a search but it seems like a fairly standard set up.

I guess I'll file a bug report and disable 1 year registrations. Thanks for the heads up on the incoming changes.