V6 - Changing Base path and other properties

nVee

Hello,

We've upgraded to version 6 and it appears that our base path for CSS, JS and webroot is incorrect. Where do we change this in the configuration? We're running it off localhost for development purposes (by the way, is there no way we can access the admin panel from localhost?) so we're unable to make any changes in the CMS if it's applicable there.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with it not getting the $WEB_ROOT/$BASE_PATH_JS and the correct URL is set in the SystemURL field in the tblconfiguration table. In my case WHMCS is installed in a sub-folder, not in a sub-domain so the affect is all the include paths are wrong. An example being

<link href="/assets/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

<link href="/assets/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

whereas in the head.tpl file it is

<link href="{$BASE_PATH_CSS}/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

<link href="{$BASE_PATH_CSS}/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

Since WHMCS is setup in the /clients folder it cannot find any of the include paths. I've tried using Aliases in the apache config to resolve this successfully however this breaks my website as it uses some of the same folder names.

Since WHMCS is setup in the /clients folder it cannot find any of the include paths. I've tried using Aliases in the apache config to resolve this successfully however this breaks my website as it uses some of the same folder names.

is your system URL = http://www.yourdomain.com/clients/ - or something different ?

all my dev installations are in subfolders - so as long as the system URL is correct, the base paths should work fine.

• 4 weeks later...

whats happening is the {$WEB_ROOT} variable isnt being populated with the "subroot" part so its trying to load right from the root domain and not the sub folder.

this as i said before has been seen on other sites running v6 and its not the module doing it as the module doesnt interact with the {$WEB_ROOT} variable at all.

unfortunatley you will need to open a ticket with whmcs to get this resolved. if i remember correctly they did have a patch file for this which i believe they will provide when you open a ticket.