Automatic suspension question

tasgray

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a small issue I'm facing.

I have setup Automation Settings with automatic suspension enabled, configured to to wait 7 days before suspending the account.

I had a situation this week where I provisioned a hosting account for a customer manually via the admin area, so there was no upfront payment. The invoice date is 16/06/2015 and the due date is 30/06/2015. Last night's CRON job suspended the service, despite the invoice stating a due date of 30/06/2015. It would appear that the CRON is using the Invoice Date rather than the Due Date on the invoice.

Has anyone else run in to this issue? Any help appreciated.

Tas

Does the due date on the product/service, match that of the invoice? The cron is looking at the product/service due date field, not the invoice.

It turns out you are right SiteOx. The due date on the product/service is different to the due state on the invoice. Any idea why that would be happening and more importantly how to fix it?

I'm not for sure exactly how it happened, but it probably had something to do with placing the order manually. Whenever I have to create a manual order, for a client, I always check the dates on the invoice and product. There's a chance the dates can be off. I think it's just a quirk with the manual process.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

WHMCS does indeed use the Next Due Date as a basis for suspending/terminating accounts in accordance with your Setup > Automation Settings.

If your invoice due date is ahead of the service's next due date, it sounds like you Setup > General Settings > Ordering tab > Order Days Grace setting is set to 14.

That isn't a problem, but would explain the behaviour you're seeing here.