Allow us to edit posts

Kian

Hi,

I think that posts in Commercial Modules and Addons board should be editable. I find tedious that once I submit the thread full of screenshots, links, descriptions and features I can't update my original post.

For example on 09-02-2015 I published all details of one of my modules. In a very short time I received a lot of feedbacks via email and from my website then 9 days later I released a new version with huge improvements. Long story short my module now after 14 days is a totally different thing. The latest version compared to the first is like comparing a kitty to a lion but since most of times people only read the first post, they don't get anything about the new features and my efforts.

When I published the thread 2 weeks ago I couldn't expect all these feedbacks and that the module would be so different. Now it has so many features that I'm going to record a video and write a very long PDF with all details BUT I can't update my original, ugly and outdated post with fresh news in a good style.

this is a good suggestion - as i've seen lots of threads where the first post describes a product that bears little relation to the one being described later in the same thread... it would also allow authors to update their pricing, promotion codes etc in the opening post.

I guess there could be circumstances where you wouldn't want the author to be able to modify the post, but perhaps changes to the opening post could be sent for moderation before allowing the update to go through?

on a related topic, it would be useful if GearHeads could edit their own posts - I found one today, six months old, that has some code in it that should be improved - but as things stand, I can't edit it, only make a further reply to the thread - and anyone wanting to use the code, might not read the entire thread.

Long story short my module now after 14 days is a totally different thing.

I found one today, six months old, that has some code in it that should be improved - but as things stand, I can't edit

Please feel free to start a new thread, or, contact me and I'll be happy to assist you with touching up an existing thread, anytime.