Discontinuation of free minFraud query promotion

easyhosting

First they discontinued their Telephone verification service, now for those that were fortunate to have a free Maxmind minFraud from the promotion WHMCS ran a while back, then we are going to have to take out a subscription with them as just got this email

Dear MaxMind customer,

You currently participate in a MaxMind promotion which grants you free Basic minFraud queries each month. Effective October 1, 2014, this promotion will be discontinued.

To continue using minFraud, you should purchase a minFraud subscription. Purchasing a subscription will give you access to many more data points not available with Basic queries.

For any inquiries, suggestions, and concerns, please contact support@maxmind.com. Thank you for your continuing patronage.

Sincerely,

MaxMind

Edited by Infopro
Killed Hotlinks From Email

The price is not bad it all :)

True, but it seems they are trying to get rid of customers

first they say they are discontinuing their telephone verification service and now they are discontinuing their minfraud promotion.

Strange that when i originally signed up for this through WHMCS it was never stated that it was a promotion.

I dont remember where i see that was promotion but that why i start pay long time ago because it was going to end soon

i spoke to my local trading standards who told me that as when i signed up it was never stated it was a promotion then they cannot discontinue it stating it was a promotion.

i spoke to my local trading standards who told me that as when i signed up it was never stated it was a promotion then they cannot discontinue it stating it was a promotion.

They might be in perfectly legal standing to do so where they are based.

Also like yourself, they have the right to refuse, close or make unavailable any part of their website and/or service with or without notice.

Sucks but atleast it is priced reasonably. I guess they're opening the market for competition now :).

They might be in perfectly legal standing to do so where they are based.

Also like yourself, they have the right to refuse, close or make unavailable any part of their website and/or service with or without notice.

Sucks but atleast it is priced reasonably. I guess they're opening the market for competition now :).

but as it was a services offered through a UK company and no mention of it being a promotion and the fact they are saying the promotion is being discontinued this is what they cant do as it was not given as a promotion.

Just got this from Maxmind when i pointed out it was not offered/provided as a promotion

Terry,We will not be discontinuing your free minFraud queries effective October 1st. You received the email in error and I sincerely apologize for the mistake. WHMCS users are not going to be affected by that particular discontinuation. However, we will be retiring free minFraud for WHMCS users at some point and you will receive an email with specific details before that happens. We are not under any obligation to offer free queries indefinitely.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

Regards,

Katy Levine

Support Manager