Payment Gateways that integrate well...

theviewer1985

Hi Guys,

Right, I use 2checkout. I thought everything was perfect. Everything integrated perfectly and payment was as expected UNTIL i got involved with 'client credit'

I have a client paying £35 per month. As a bonus I gave her £45 credit. The invoice was created on time and immedietly paid via 100% credit. I was happy. Until the due date rolled passed and 2checkout charged her anyway, and the £35 got added back into her credit based on being an 'Overpayment'

I spoke to WHMCS who say I need to cancel the subscription for the credit to work and then the client will need to recreate the subscription. Or even more complex, if the credit doesnt cover all the bill completly... then the client will need to create 2 subscriptions or something. Obviously, going forward thats to complicated as I intend to use lots of credits and promotions.

So, they say I need to look for a gateway that supports 'varying payment amounts'. My first place of call is the forums. Do you guys know of any gateways that integrate perfectly and everything works as it should?

I am keen to hear all available options. But as a disclaimer, at the moment I will only be able to go for the cheaper ones. Either NO monthly fee. Or a very low monthly fee.

You should take a look at Stripe.

Funny... I randomly was looking at other gateways the other day. No relation to this problem though, was based on wanting a UK gateway. Stripe UK came about.... the reason I didnt snap it up is because I would need to buy a module for it to work and that would require extra research. I dont suppose you have knoweldge in that department?

And I presume you recomend stripe because you know it integrates with the credit system ect?

Funny... I randomly was looking at other gateways the other day. No relation to this problem though, was based on wanting a UK gateway. Stripe UK came about.... the reason I didnt snap it up is because I would need to buy a module for it to work and that would require extra research. I dont suppose you have knoweldge in that department?

there is a free Stripe Payment Gateway addon available..

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?64463-Free-Stripe-Payment-Gateway-with-Stripe-js-support

Yea I have seen this too... I kinda wrote it off because its free and the last page seems to be filled with people having problems. Also there is alot of talk about it not working because they use "portal theme" or whatever.

I use a customized bootstrap theme so I am filled with worry there

I may give it a shot and see what happens. Does stripe rule out the inital problem i was having though? With subscriptions charging no matter if the client has paid via credit already?

Cheers

We use that very add-on and a customised bootstrap based theme as well. When using a proper CC gateway there's no need to set up a subscription. Instead the card is added to the stripe account and a token is stored against that user in your local WHMCS install.

Then when the package comes up for renewal the payment is processed by way of that token. There's no "subscription" with the gateway. So there's no messing around with changes and credits. When we apply a credit the amount is taken off the amount owing, if there's a balance only that balance is sent to the gateway for processing.

If you struggle to get it working Joe at serverping has a support option (very cheap) or a customised setup that's also affordable. Stop and think about how this small cost will save you time, money and stress in the future. You're dealing with clients credit card details so not something you want to mess around doing.