5.3.5 data feeds broken?

lance

We have just upgraded from 5.2.16 to 5.3.5 and have noticed that the data feed for domain prices no longer works.

The prices show fine on domain checker pages.... but a custom page we call the data feed in has stopped showing all prices except free.... the domains are there in a long list, just no prices.

not sure if this is of help (or relevant), but taken from the activity log on front of whmcs admin :-

- 20/03/2014 21:21 - System - xx.xx.xx.xx

Smarty Error: [in /home/xxxxx/public_html/templates/orange-fusion-v3-5/domain-prices.tpl line 28]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: padding: 3px; background-color: #efefef; font-weight: bold; (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 448)

- 20/03/2014 21:21 - System - xx.xx.xx.xx

Smarty Error: [in /home/xxxxx/public_html/templates/orange-fusion-v3-5/domain-prices.tpl line 26]: syntax error: unrecognized tag '' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 592)

using v5.3.5, i've just pasted the code from the feeds docs page - http://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds - into a totally blank page hosted on the same domain as whmcs and everything worked fine...

from your activity log, i'm wondering if you have <style> being used in the domain-prices.tpl template ? as a test, I posted the domain pricing table stylesheet code from the docs page into homepage.tpl and it worked, but generated similar activity log entries to yours... but if you wrap the <style> code in {literal} tags, the smarty error does not occur and is not logged.

I can't explain why your prices aren't showing, but hopefully fixing the stylesheet code will help... perhaps there is a javascript clash somewhere?

just pasted the code into a test php page so its outside of template and stylesheets and no prices show still, can pm you the url if you want to see brian?

- - - Updated - - -

have tried all the other feeds on the data feeds page and they all work, its just the domain prices that do not...

- - - Updated - - -

Brian, can you confirm the following code was used in your test please :-

<style type="text/css">

table.domainpricing {

width: 600px;

background-color: #ccc;

}

table.domainpricing th {

padding: 3px;

background-color: #efefef;

font-weight: bold;

}

table.domainpricing td {

padding: 3px;

background-color: #fff;

text-align: center;

}

</style>

<script language="javascript" src="feeds/domainpricing.php"></script>

that's weird as apart from some comments about currency, the files look identical to me... except v5.3.5 doesn't have a closing '?>' and v5.2.16 does... that seems to have disappeared between the v5.3.3 and v5.3.4 releases.

anyway, glad to hear its working again.

Hello,

I have tried this in 5.3.6 and was able to get the domain price without issue:

TLD Min. Years Register Transfer Renew

.com 1 $10.00 USD FREE!

.org 1 $10.00 USD FREE!

Can you open a case so we can investigate this further?

Thanks very much,

Nate C