Smarty Process Bug on Email Templates

Bartucxp

This is email template content(domain registration confirmation):

{if $domain_tld eq "tk"}..........{else}.........{/if}

Which results in that:

Fatal error: func_get_args(): Can't be used as a function parameter in /home/username/public_html/includes/classes/WHMCS/Smarty/Compiler.php on line 0

Because of that error, while adding payment to invoice(for domain registration), I get same error and F5 results in adding payment twice.

Removing if condition from email template solves the problem(that was working before 5.3.3 upgrade).

I didn't try that for other mail templates, but I assume it is the same for others too.

thanks for posting this - I got that exact same error using some Smarty code in a template that worked fine in v5.2.16, but failed when I upgraded to 5.3.3 :mad:

reuploading the smarty folder didn't help and I submitted a support ticket on Friday (#CMM-802693), but have not had a reply yet.

it's good to know there is an issue and there wasn't necessarily a coding issue on my part!

Thanks for the confirmation, we are working on this issue and I expect it to be addressed soon.

That being said, internally we are looking to use some technology that will make php 5.3 the minimum required version for WHMCS at some major release in the future, you are going to need to figure out how to upgrade / have parallel php versions at some point going forward.

Nate C