Default Nameservers?

alinford

• 2 months later...

I'm looking for a way to set the nameservers for a domain depending on the hosting package being ordered. Is there any way your module can incorporate this?

Background is that I have cPanel packages and Virtualmin servers which offer different services. The cPanel server is not under my full control as I'm only a reseller on it - it was my first server but has hundreds of clients on it. So I run two sets of nameservers as I can't get the Virtualmin packages to create/update zones in the WHM/cPanel namerservers.

So I need a way that when a customer buys a package on the Virtualmin servers WHMCS sets the appropriate nameservers while if they order hosting on the cPanel servers WHMCS adds the nameservers appropriate to the WHM/cPanel configuration.

Is this too complex? Or too mental on my part?

The module is done, and works well in both client and admin areas. Domains with OpenSRS, Enom, NEO, or any other Registrar setup in WHMCS, can each use different default nameservers. When default nameservers are selected, the correct nameservers are added based on which Registrar the domain is registered through. It also sets up the correct default nameservers if you use different Registrars for different tld's during the order process.

I am not sure why you would need this to allow different servers based on hosting package. Each server in WHMCS can have its own nameservers, so the Virtualmin can be set with its own nameservers already. That means that any package setup on the Virtualmin server will use the nameservers you setup for that server.

The module is done, and works well in both client and admin areas. Domains with OpenSRS, Enom, NEO, or any other Registrar setup in WHMCS, can each use different default nameservers. When default nameservers are selected, the correct nameservers are added based on which Registrar the domain is registered through. It also sets up the correct default nameservers if you use different Registrars for different tld's during the order process.

Will you offer the module for sale? I am interested.

I am not sure why you would need this to allow different servers based on hosting package. Each server in WHMCS can have its own nameservers, so the Virtualmin can be set with its own nameservers already. That means that any package setup on the Virtualmin server will use the nameservers you setup for that server.

Thanks for replying. Is that right? That's not what I'm noticing is happening when domains are registered. The Virtualmin servers are setup with different nameservers to the cPanel servers, however, all domains registered get registered with the nameservers set for the cPanel servers.

Thinking about this more I recall that in my OpenSRS settings I set the nameservers there to the cPanel ones. Are you saying that if I remove that setting at the registry then everything will work ok? Would I need to also remove the Dafault Nameservers option in WHMCS?

Thanks for your help and where is the link to your module please?

The way it is suppose to work by default, is that the default servers that are set are based on the server the hosting package is on (Setup / Products/Services / Servers). If there is no hosting package, then the default servers are the nameservers setup for domains under General Settings / Domains.

I have not released the default nameserver module yet, but will in the next few weeks.

• 1 month later...