Using with Reseller Godaddy/TPP wholesale/ VentraIP Wholesale API's

goannadomains

Question

Hi Guys,

i have recently started up in hosting.

I have purchased whitelabel or turnkey interfaces for my business however, i have some licensing issues that cause me problems. (WWD resellers are not allowed to register .au domains is one issue)

Therefore, i would like to simply build my own client interface from scratch.

I believe that WHMCS can be used for this however it needs an addon module (reseller centre for WHMCS from Modules Garden) to allow it to integrate with my wholesalers API's.

1. Is this correct?

2. I am a little confused about pricing? On the WHMCS page to buy the program outright is $300 odd dollars. On the modulesGarden site...the reseller module is $199. Does that mean that for me to use this for my own reseller store i need both??

3. I have never done any serious API programming before. I am savy with html, know a little vb, and some basic SQ. How difficult is it to get this thing to communicate with my wholesalers systems in order to register domains, setup hosting etc???

kind regards

adam

13 answers to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

To buy the WHMCS software you'd need to buy the licence directly from us: http://www.whmcs.com/order-now/

Should you choose to use third-party addons to enhance the functionality of WHMCS that's totally fine, but any charges by the third party would be on top of the licence fee paid to us.

As to whether you need the addon, feel free to contact the vendors directly and they will be able to advise whether it meets your needs. Please note we are unable to provide advice or support for third party addons or mods.

I have a few more questions...

1. Am i able to install more than "one API" module so that I can sell products/services from more than one wholesaler (eg. crazydomains, godaddy, tpp, and ventraIP).

All of these offer some good products individually, but are not able to offer everything i need to sell.

For example;

a. my Wild West domains (godaddy) reseller account cannot register .au domains. I live in Australia and that is my main source of domain income!!!

b. crazydomains have awesome wholesale pricing however, they have a bad reputation in Australia amongst clients and resellers for not refunding/paying money to clients and resellers. I want to bypass their commissions to resellers system by simply buying the domains and hosting wholesale...the commission stays in my account (hope this makes sense) instead of first going to them and then being refunded to me at the end of each month.

c. VentraIP wholesale dont offer enough products

d. tpp wholesale pricing is not as good as WWD or crazydomains for domain registration

2. I have noticed that a few WHMCS clients who are hosting resellers are often easily spotted because of the templates they are choosing (seems like a very common template). Are the main client front end and invoicing templates extensively customizable? (can i change menu designs, font type, positions etc)

these questions have arisen because i have gotten a little tired of purchasing products from my various wholesalers only to find out after i paid money that they are not what they seem!!!:mad:

I have a few more questions...

1. Am i able to install more than "one API" module so that I can sell products/services from more than one wholesaler (eg. crazydomains, godaddy, tpp, and ventraIP).

yes - tpp & ventraIP have built-in modules; the others would require you to buy modules from third party authors.

2. I have noticed that a few WHMCS clients who are hosting resellers are often easily spotted because of the templates they are choosing (seems like a very common template). Are the main client front end and invoicing templates extensively customizable? (can i change menu designs, font type, positions etc)

yes - but I guess that depends on how you define "extensively" :)

i'm sure if you search the marketplace, you will find someone who can either sell you an existing template, or integrate your existing site design into WHMCS.

tpp wholesale said to me this morning that i can only use their api if the whmcs is being hosted on their own servers. Their addon module doesnt work on someone else's server.

would this mean i would encounter the same problem no matter where i go?

If i have this all upside down inside out...can someone explain how i go about achieving a single whmcs offering products from different providers all on the same site using each vendors own API module?

e.g Host with TPP wholesale

selling products from WWD, Dreamscape, VentraIP (using whmcs addons modules for each vendors API)

tpp wholesale said to me this morning that i can only use their api if the whmcs is being hosted on their own servers. Their addon module doesnt work on someone else's server.

Sounds wrong, I'm using their API on my own servers. Maybe they are just trying to get you as a server customer... :|

that TPP response sounds strange to me too.

If i have this all upside down inside out...can someone explain how i go about achieving a single whmcs offering products from different providers all on the same site using each vendors own API module?

e.g Host with TPP wholesale

selling products from WWD, Dreamscape, VentraIP (using whmcs addons modules for each vendors API)

that question would require a *very* long answer to fully explain the steps - so you might be better off going through the docs and videos! :)

but let's take a simple setup - say you want to sell .com domains through TPP and .net through WWD... you would activate the two modules in WHMCS and enter your account/API details for both (you may also need to add your IP address with TPP and WWD directly too)... then you would setup domain pricing for both tlds... assign .com to use the TPP module, similarly .net gets assigned to WWD.

so if customer then comes along and registers domain.com and domain.net, whmcs will use TPP module to register the .com, WWD to register the .net.

we use a number of registrars ourselves in WHMCS without any issues... btw, each one of the above steps has its own documentation page which is why i've only briefly explained the step!

hosting/SSL certs etc will work in a similar way, but are treated as products - there are a number of product modules in WHMCS, such as cPanel or Plesk, that you may be able to use to enable your hosting products.. and these can be enabled on a product by product basis.

Hey thanks guys,

that is wonderful news.

Brian i really appreciate your answer...i have a much clearer idea where i am headed with this now (absolutely marvellous)

Heres my plan now...

Set up VPS/VPC or reseller hosting eventually with all of my domains.

Install WHMCS (which i have already got the unbranded monthly version just until i get it up and running properly) and install my wholesalers API modules on each...Ventra, WWD & Dreamscape (if Dreamscape have one???).

Utilise these modules to fill in the products and services gaps each wholesaler currently has (i have spread my domains across a few registrars/wholesalers (Did i mentioned that???)

One might ask why so many domains and sites??? Part hobby but mostly for some "green" idea that perhaps a number of sites selling might actually get me better exposure to the market and to allow me to provide a better range of different packages (im not entirely sure what i mean by that yet. Its evolving in my head:roll:)

To be honest...if WWD were allowed to register .au domains...i wouldnt bother with anyone else at this stage. Their turnkey solution is simply brilliant. To someone who's not an expert at this (that someone is me of course:twisted:), it seems like WWD/Godaddy have invested a heck of a lot of money on their turnkey solution...it must be worth tens of thousands of dollars:idea: When i compare it with the other turnkey/whitelabel solutions i have...well...the others come up well short...in fact i would say they generally look very amateurish by comparison!!!:roll:

Hey thanks guys,

that is wonderful news.

Brian i really appreciate your answer...i have a much clearer idea where i am headed with this now (absolutely marvellous)

To be honest...if WWD were allowed to register .au domains...i wouldnt bother with anyone else at this stage. Their turnkey solution is simply brilliant. To someone who's not an expert at this (that someone is me of course:twisted:), it seems like WWD/Godaddy have invested a heck of a lot of money on their turnkey solution...it must be worth tens of thousands of dollars:idea: When i compare it with the other turnkey/whitelabel solutions i have...well...the others come up well short...in fact i would say they generally look very amateurish by comparison!!!:roll:

Hi, I havent followed up very well on the discussion, but i think you are not understanding the difference between Goddady Domain Reseller (Turnkey) and Godaddy API Domain Reseller (WWD).

They key differences are that with the Domain Reseller (Turnkey) everything goes through godaddy and you can't sell through other websites. So you're limited to what go daddy sells. You can't add custom products. Such as you're own hosting Server.

And with the Domain reseller API you are in control of everything, but you need to make a deposit to have credit, and you take all the money, you only pay the base price to go daddy.

So if you want to base you're hosting business on WHMCS you WILL have to use the API reseller, if you buy the turnkey it will only allow to sell through the base page.

Here are the products links:

Godaddy Turnkey Domain Reseller:

https://www.godaddy.com/reseller/domain-reseller.aspx

Godaddy API Domain Reseller:

https://www.godaddy.com/reseller/domain-reseller-api.aspx

Some info on the differences (by godaddy)

https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/7940/how-do-api-reseller-turnkey-reseller-and-reseller-hosting-plans-differ

Here is my complete description for each product.

Godaddy Domain Reseller (Turnkey):

Godaddy sets you up a website (on their servers, you cant access the root directory) on wich they give you a base price and products, and you customize the prices to whatever you want, then people buy through that website and the money goes to godaddy and they give you the difference within the base price and you're price.

Example:

Godaddy Domain Resellers .com price is 9.99 and you sell them at $12.00, when i buy that domain you will recieve into you're godaddy account $2.01, when you accumulate a certain amount of money you can transfer it to you're paypal/bank account.

Godaddy Domain Reseller Api (Wild West Domains):

Godaddy gives you a base price for products, and they give you, your'e API credencials.

Then you code you're website that you host on you're servers and connect it to the api or you buy a module or script to connect it to whmcs and start selling, then you sell a domain and the money goes to whatever checkout option you have, then the base price gets substracted form you're credit with WWD. The key difference in here is that you have to do a deposit to WWD bank account to get credit on to your'e account and then you can start selling, then when somebody buy's something the base price will be subtracted form you're credit (deposited amount) and you will receive the whole amount of the product.

Example:

In this case i can setup my business that sells hosting and vps (through my dedicated server {cpanel/whm}), web designs, that you design, domains, that you resell form WWD (With the modules garden W) and more things, in this case if WWD doesnt sell a specific TLD i can get a reseller account from someone that does have that tld and add it to my registrars in whmcs like you mentioned with TPP wholesale.

So i expect you have a clear diference betwen API and TURNKEY Reseller plansm.

I hope i made my self clear, and i didnt confuse you, im mexican and i dont speak a lot of english, but i get it very well and have some experience (sometimes learned by the hard way) with the hosting industry.

If you have any more doubts feel free to ask.

Regards,

Roberto