PayPal IPN Received But Invoice Shows as Unpaid

markb1439

Hi,

We have a problem that looks very unprofessional and confuses our users. If a customer pays with PayPal, the IPN is received properly (almost instantly), and the client is taken to the invoice which shows "Your Payment Was Processed Successfully" (or something like that). So that shows that WHMCS has received the payment.

But the invoice status still reads "Unpaid." This confuses users because they see that their payment has been received, yet the invoice say "Unpaid." It looks unprofessional too, to have two conflicting status message on the same page.

I don't think it's an IPN issue, I think it might be template-related or something like that...the status on the template not updating properly.

I don't think we're alone because I see the same thing when I order products or services from other vendors who use WHMCS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

• 9 months later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

These forums are for user-to-user support. If you'd like a response from support please open a ticket.

However I can advise that the behaviour you're seeing here suggests there is a delay in PayPal sending the IPN to your server.

It should be instant (IPN stands for Instant Payment Notification), but if there's a delay the transaction won't appear in WHMCS until it's been received.

You could try speaking to PayPal support to see if there is anything at their end that might cause this delay.

• 5 years later...

Hello,

I'm also facing this issue  on whmcs V.7.10.0

Unpaid but successfully - page directed ..viewinvoice.php?id=14&paymentsuccess=true

I've  goggle  and not yet asking or creating ticket both whmcs or paypal

Because I think we don't need to created ticket to them when we can try to solve our problem.

It's  more time and effort efficient for both .

John say about IPN delay, but I've received all transaction success email from paypal.

Until now, more than 24 hours there no payment mark as paid on whmcs

In position I'm new in whmcs and not have skill to read code,

My question is  how to check that we're not received notification paypal.

So If we can define where cause delay it is on paypal or it is theme issue

For users that already know to solved this problem please kindly share