iWHMCS not compatible with IOS7

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if buy iwhmcs addon in a whmcs license , can move iwhmcs addon to another whmcs license anytime?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WHMCS!

I'm sorry, Addons can not be sold or transferred to other users. They can only be moved to another license key within the same user account.

If you have any other questions, please let us know and we will be happy to further assist you.

Regards,

From a ticket to WHMCS Support by:

Don R.

WHMCS Support Staff Member

Edited by Infopro
added quotes

There have been comments stating it is the fault of the person upgrading, i don't believe that to be the case, if you have no intention or just cant keep up with apples updates then don't make an application to work with an IOS device. Thats just common sense in my book. Apple will always progress so you have to be prepared to support and progress your application.

Are people seriously going to hold onto an old IOS version for a device they paid hundreds for because one app refuses to be brought up to speed? I think that blaming the people that have upgrades was a ludicrous remark to be quite honest.

I think its time WHMCS put out an update or pull the application. Its not about the money its a matter of principle, when you pay for a service you expect to get a service. Would you sign up to a phone network that doesn't cover your area? no neither would I, i dont see how this is any different.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since it's now January 1, obviously not before the new year.

I've been quiet on the subject since the iOS7 release, but after months of waiting, enough is enough. I'm equally as frustrated as the others in this thread. I just want an ETA at this point -- failing that, a refund (as a I stated in a ticket I submitted moments ago).

Please stop ignoring the update of an app I paid $40 for -- and I'm the person who doesn't buy any iOS apps, ever!

Even on iPhone 4/4s iOS6, there were many bugs. There were random crashes etc. I wasn't surprised that it didn't work at all on iOS7. I would love to say that you cannot blame WHMCS for their app not working on iOS7, but I am can't. Reason being simply, most companies do due diligence of their apps on new systems coming up that their users are most likely to update, they test prior to these updates go public and MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT or send an email blast something along the lines of "iWHMCS is not compatible with iOS7. Please be aware."

BUT of course...none of this happened.

On another note, another vendor sent me an email stating that "their app ran slower on iOS7," but they would do everything to "fix this problem by the time the iOS7 was released for public."

And they did. I leave this to your judgement.

It is January 3rd, 2014...any news?

Yep, the deafening silence from WHMCS has even me surprised. All my iOS apps with the glaring exception of iWHMCS work just fine, many were updated shortly before or shortly after the release of iOS 7, even the free ones. For the developer that's just part of doing business; operating systems are going to move forward and you have to move with them if you want to stay in the game. Some developers even like to improve their product, rather than just doing the bare minimum they can get away with, or so I've heard - no evidence of that round here though.

Regarding the mobile version, you mean the ancient and rather agricultural html version 1.4? Or perhaps this one 12th April 2013 - WHMCS Admin Area Optimised for mobile devices such as Phones & Tablets (BETA Version - Not Intended for Production Use). In the same place I see Version 1.1 of the WHMCS Project Management Addon (Released: 16th March 2012) Things are not much better for the Android app, either, only difference there is the functionality is so limited there isn't much to break. I've paid for all of these products and stopped using them all because of crappy development and support.

Seems like somebody is asleep at the wheel here...

I am starting to get to a stage where I am considering to hire a developer to get iWHMCS re-written. How hard could it be?

Maybe I will even be able to sell this on App-store and make money on top?

What you guys think?

You can't take an existing product, fix it and then in return sell it. There are going to be some legal issues there.

You can hire a developer to fix it and look at it for your personal use, but there might be some troubles your way, if apple allows you to sell it or even give it away for free..

I would just wait, and keep on this thread. The more we put the pressure on them, the better the odds of getting a response.

I sent this into WHMCS via a ticket on December 30th.

Hello,

There has been talk and even a post by one of your staff members saying there will be a fix or a new version of iWHMCS available before the new year, is this still goin to happen, will we actually be able to use iWHMCS with iOS 7 by Jan 1?

I have been waiting for 3-4 months now to be able to use iWHMCS, I paid for it but since I updates my phone I can't use it

What is the status of the app, is it being worked on? Will it be out by e new year ?

This was the response I received;

Hello

I can confirm we are indeed working on a update for this app, it is in the final stages of testing and should be available soon. This update will resolve the IOS7 compatibility issue.

If you have any further questions, just let us know.

Regards,

Liam

Developer

I dont understand how they cannot support and update their own product.. It's frustrating to say the least!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

I'm sure you'll all be very happy to hear that I am now personally involved with getting the updated app finished and out the door to you. Any issues that were holding this back, have been sorted and we expect to be able to share some good news with you, very soon.

I'm closing this thread now, it serves no real value any longer.

Please do feel free to start a new thread if you wish, in the Feedback Forum, and if you want to be helpful here, post exact issues you're having problems with, right now, with the current version of this app that you have installed.

"Doesn't work at all. Crashes every time I open it." <- useless to us.

"When is this coming? This is getting frustrating!" <- useless to us and annoying.

"When I reply to a ticket, the app crashes." <- semi helpful.

"When I go to Billing > Orders > Pending > Order Summary, details are missing or incorrect." <- lousy example on my part I guess, but specific enough that it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!